Cross-fit Gyms

Options
Is anyone a member of a Cross-Fit Gym? I've just recently found out about these- AND I found out we have one locally (Which is a big deal, because I live in a fairly small town). The only glitch is that I have to run out my current gym's one year contract.... But, when that is over I plan on joining the Cross-Fit gym.

For those of you that are members, what do you think about it? Have you seen results??

For those of you that aren't, you should check out this website- it looks awesome!

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/what-crossfit.html

Replies

• sagorena
    sagorena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cross Fit is amazing! I've been doing it for about a year now and it's completely addicting. It's probably the hardest thing you will ever do, but it's so worth it!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love it, I have a membership there, and at my regualr gym.... Love it, and love the option for variety if need be!
  • farewellfatty
    farewellfatty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It seems really good but is a little pricey - the one in my city anyways.
  • alaw88
    alaw88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for a 6 month membership at my local Crossfit gym a week ago. I have no experience and it is the hardest workout I have ever attempted (so far I've left workouts doubled over in soreness and out of breath). But, the pain is only temporary and I feel great. With the combo of just one week of Crossfit and Myfitnesspal, I've lost FOUR pounds this week. I know Crossfit will be so worth it!
  • Tiffany789
    Tiffany789 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Right now I'm training for a marathon, but I heard they had marathon training programs too. It sounds really interesting! I'm thinking maybe I could get a three month membership before my next marathon in October...
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CrossFit for about a year now. I love it. I started out on the weaker end and as one of the slowest people in the classes, but everyone was just so supportive. Last week, I was assigned to what I've always called in my head "the strong girls" group. I was so proud. I am lifting heavier weights than I ever though I could lift. I am so much more flexible than I thought I could be. I'm doing things I never thought possible. Remember to scale where you need. Using correct form is so important, so don't lift more than you really can.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    There is a branch (I guess that's what I'd call it) of CrossFit towards endurance sports. It combines CF methodology with endurance training. You might check it out (CrossFit Endurance) for after your marathon...although CFE and CF are meant to being done in combination not just CFE by itself.