chinese takeaway, whats healthy, UK

It is my husbands birthday this weekend, any tips for a healthy choice, we are in the UK.

Replies

• MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    I'd also like to know this! Tomorrow is Aussie day ... and me and the boyfriend want to go out for chinese food. May seem odd to do on Australia day but, Australia is multicultural I guess haha! what are the healthier choices on a chinese food menu?
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    a chicken chow mein is one of healthier options.... or beef n black bean sauce.....

am pretty sure all the calories are on fitness planner database if you search them.

(although al be honest.... i never get the healthy options... :P ) xx
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I nearly always get lemon chicken and egg fried rice. Probably not the very healthiest but I'm sure it's far better than some other stuff that's on the menu. You could make it better as well by having boiled rice instead :)

Both of those I mentioned are in the database too :D
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    I pick the veggies and then some kind of meat (like the roasted duck) no rice or noodles for me.
    I love crispy seaweed and smoked chicken... Tsingtao on the side if i have the urge.
  • I think avoiding the fried items = the healthier option. You could choose boiled rice over fried rice. I think choosing vegetables, seafood or chicken in black bean or oyster sauce is healthier than some of the other richer sauces. Soups are probably the healthiest starters.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I have asked for them to put the sauce in a separate container. That way I control how much I want to add to the dish.