Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear!

Options
Cassi1990
Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
This is the second time I've gone shopping there and not gotten all of my groceries I paid for. I guess honestly it's my fault for not double checking but seriously...who remembers every single item they buy (I buy for 2+ weeks at a time, and shop with two kids ages 2 and 4- by myself!)? The check out lady should say HEY! You forgot a bag! (Or in yesterdays case the check out lady is the one who loaded the groceries into the basket...WHY'D SHE KEEP MY MILK?!?!)

It aggravates me because we live out in the middle of no where and have to drive 20-30 minutes for our groceries! If I don't get a gallon of milk and some cheese- things we need- then it costs more in gas to go back and have them replace the items then what the items are worth!

*Sigh* First they kept my rack of Ribs and roast. Now our milk. GRR!
So YAY I get to go back to walmart and spend even more money because I'll be danged if I don't at least get my moneys worth for the wasted gas I have to use!

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!
    Agreed! If I had a different option I wouldn't be shopping wal-mart anymore!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Is it Wal-Mart's policy to have the checker hold something back? Or, did the individual checker make a mistake? And might that individual have made the same error if they worked at Safeway or somewhere else?

I pay attention while they are bagging my groceries and have never had it happen. At any Grocery store.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Is it Wal-Mart's policy to have the checker hold something back? Or, did the individual checker make a mistake? And might that individual have made the same error if they worked at Safeway or somewhere else?

I pay attention while they are bagging my groceries and have never had it happen. At any Grocery store.

I've had it happen at a different place. Yep, you can prevent it by paying attention but sometimes all it takes is a glance to be sure the little one isn't walking out with a candy bar or some other goodie.

I've also ended up with a bag or two belonging to someone else. I returned it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I do my bulk shopping at Winco. Where you have to bag your own groceries. I have actually left a bag on the counter and walked away. Once. Now my wife keeps a close eye on me.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I often bag my own stuff and when one of the kids comes over and says that they can do I tell them that I'm all set and their is someone else in need of more assistance than me. I put the stuff that I want bagged together on the belt but they don't seem to get it so I'd rather do it myself....plus I know I won't be forgetting anything
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Interesting, last week I came home without the eggs from Walmart. The next day I took my receipt in and asked if I could get more eggs. The customer service person, pulled out a book, looked up my receipt and saw that the cashier had reported my eggs. They promptly let me go get more eggs. I usually do the same, buy a lot at a time so it is easy to miss a small sack when filling the cart. I know it is a pain, but save the receipt for the next time, bet they will replace what was left.
  • Becciquinn
    Options
    I am boycotting walmart right now. I went there the other day to get this healthy juice I had a coupon for and some microwave chicken breast that I absolutly love and the check out girl scanned all my coupons and th told me they weren't working and that she couldn't key them in because she wasn't allowed. She didn't bother to page a manager or anything and it was my lunch break so I didn't get anything! Not to mention that once a coupon is scanned it is void (whether it is used or not) so now all my coupons are worthless and I have no chicken or juice!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    that has happened to me before...
    usually if I highlight my missing items on my receipt and explain to customer service what happend they will let me get my missing things with no fuss. :)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I often bag my own stuff and when one of the kids comes over and says that they can do I tell them that I'm all set and their is someone else in need of more assistance than me. I put the stuff that I want bagged together on the belt but they don't seem to get it so I'd rather do it myself....plus I know I won't be forgetting anything

YES. I bag my own. I use recycled cloth bags and I used to work at a grocery store...I know how to pack groceries. Don't touch my broccoli, I've got it, thanks. (I'm usually rude about it but I'm VERY particular about how my groceries get packed)
  • vaderandbill
    Options

YES. I bag my own. I use recycled cloth bags and I used to work at a grocery store...I know how to pack groceries. Don't touch my broccoli, I've got it, thanks. (I'm usually rude about it but I'm VERY particular about how my groceries get packed)

Grocery bagging is a lost art. It's not rocket science but please don't put my bread or produce in a bag with my OJ.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I do my bulk shopping at Winco. Where you have to bag your own groceries. I have actually left a bag on the counter and walked away. Once. Now my wife keeps a close eye on me.

Heck yes! Their system is phenomenal. You can get two people processed and have one person bag the groceries while the other pays up for the bill. And oh how I love their bulk section! I save insane amounts of money there because I come out with only what I need, not that and plus some. WalMart products are great... no complaints... but so much extra stuff gets bought that I could of just gotten out of bulk so I will spend so much money without really having to.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I avoid that store... shopped there less than 5 times in my life.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Walmart!!!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This is my story too! lol I don't have kids, but do shop for 2 weeks at a time and it is far to the walmart i go to and this has happened to me many times. It started to tick me off, so i called the store manager and they told me to bring in my receipt and let me know the stuff i was missing. If it's under a certain dollar amount they just say "ok" and don't really care and replace it. if someone left a large amount of stuff behind, they actually have a binder they keep track in and when i tell them what i'm missing they match it up with what's in their binder and replace it. I definitely wouldn't pay again if you don't have to! ;)
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to the bagging when I'm in the checkout, and check the little bagging carousel before departing.

This has been an effective strategy in preventing this from happening.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!

Total agree and those door nazi's are the worst. I get stopped everytime even though I don't beep when walking out. Now I just refuse to show them my receipt. I write them nasty grams telling them they should put paid stickers on the stuff not in bags like Kroger does and they won't have to harass their customers when leaving.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Okay.. how is it Wal Mart's fault?

The bags are on the turn thing - you are supposed to load your bags into your cart as the cashier bags them. At the end, I ALWAYS ask "Did I get it all?" in case they forgot to spin it or whatever. It takes two extra seconds to double check. It annoys me when people want to blame the cashier or someone else because THEY didn't get all their stuff. It isn't their job to load your cart for you. It is their job to ring it up and put it in a bag for you. The rest is up to you.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    So glad we don't have to deal with their practices in NYC. I'm doing all I can to help the people working to keep them out.

They've killed my uncle's hardware store - which was my grandfather's before with their undercutting and shadiness. I have no respect for them.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am boycotting walmart right now. I went there the other day to get this healthy juice I had a coupon for and some microwave chicken breast that I absolutly love and the check out girl scanned all my coupons and th told me they weren't working and that she couldn't key them in because she wasn't allowed. She didn't bother to page a manager or anything and it was my lunch break so I didn't get anything! Not to mention that once a coupon is scanned it is void (whether it is used or not) so now all my coupons are worthless and I have no chicken or juice!
    They have a Customer Service area that can resolve things like this.

I'm sure your boycott will fix things though.