Okay, I've lost 20.5 pounds in 8 weeks.

Options
I cannot believe it. It doesn't seem possible. I'm down into a size 6, but I have about 6-10 pounds to go before I can actually get into all of my clothes.

I'm giddy and very stupid right now. But I had to share.

Look, people...If I can do it..anyone can. I am a chocolate addict. :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

So take heart...say to yourself..if this chocolate addict can do it...I know that I can!

Replies

• mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it. It doesn't seem possible. I'm down into a size 6, but I have about 6-10 pounds to go before I can actually get into all of my clothes.

I'm giddy and very stupid right now. But I had to share.

Look, people...If I can do it..anyone can. I am a chocolate addict. :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

So take heart...say to yourself..if this chocolate addict can do it...I know that I can!
  • maemalcy
    maemalcy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    woah, that's amazing... great job!!
    care to share your tips? :wink:
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    woah, that's amazing... great job!!
    care to share your tips? :wink:

Okay...nothing processed, nothing in a box, no sugar, no wheat, no rice, no pasta, no corn, no potatoes, no bananas and no carrots. Very few beans. Loads of fresh vegies and 3 servings of low sugar fruit and 100 grams of lean protein. That's all. Oh and none to little alcohol. I eat everything else. It's pretty simple.

I am not bragging here. I am just amazed how much weight has flew off me by getting rid of any junk....particularly processed foods.
  • maemalcy
    maemalcy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanx for sharing... :smile:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I have no such control in eating such healthy things...I just count calories! Congrats to you, and best to all!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!! Wow, that is a little over 2.5lbs per week which is such a healthy and yet dramatic result to shoot for. Way to go! I would love to go "all natural" and "no processed" food in the future (after I'm done being an insane gradstudent), so counting cals has to be enough for now. But good for you!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    That's great, good for you!! Would you mind sharing a typical days food diary. It would be hard for me to give up so many carbs, I'd really miss the bread. :drinker:
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Congratulations to you! that is amazing.

However I agree with the posts above, I could not live without so many carbs. Carbs are not bad for you, just if you eat too many. So I will continue counting the calories, but including a little bit of carbs like brown pasta for example. Afterall, yes, I want to lose the weight and as quickly as possible, but I could not live forever without carbs.

Well done you :flowerforyou:
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You know, the thing about the processed sugar - once you step away from it, your body doesn't want it anymore. So what I'm saying is that the cravings go away, and and that junk begins to look just like that ---- junk. I tooo have lost 21 pounds since Feb 1st ( so about 6 weeks ) and it's been soooo easy. I'm not saying that I don't have times when I'm hungry, because I do. It's all about making the right choices, and your body will thank you. Keep up the great work everybody!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have no such control in eating such healthy things...I just count calories! Congrats to you, and best to all!

I second everything that Robin said! :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a typical food journal entry if you would be willing to post it as well! :smile:
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    You know, the thing about the processed sugar - once you step away from it, your body doesn't want it anymore. So what I'm saying is that the cravings go away, and and that junk begins to look just like that ---- junk. I tooo have lost 21 pounds since Feb 1st ( so about 6 weeks ) and it's been soooo easy. I'm not saying that I don't have times when I'm hungry, because I do. It's all about making the right choices, and your body will thank you. Keep up the great work everybody!!

I'm have no cravings and I'm not hungry most of the time. This is so true! I don't live without carbs. :noway:

Wow! For your weight loss! You're a head of me!!!! You also have better math skills, I started Feb 2, so I guess that I have lost 20.5 pounds in 6 weeks! :laugh:

Now you can do this while your in grad school, but it takes some time. I'm a small business owner (I work 80 hours a week), I have a preschooler, a big old house that needs constant repairs and two dogs. What I'm doing right now in my life makes my grad school years look like a vacation. But you know, I probably won't have done this in grad school either. So I can't blame you for that!

There's some sort of turning point at forty. You either start being your best or you start the process of being your worst.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I hope everyone has great success and happiness!
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    I would like to see a typical food journal entry if you would be willing to post it as well! :smile:

Sure, no problem. Let's do a Sunday when I eat the most, LOL! I'll also do a week day if you want me to:

Breakfast
    Whey powder pancakes and Walden Farms Syrup
    1 serving 250 calories, 5 carbs, 20 grams of protein

Lunch
    Egg drop soup
    (I'm a PIG and I normally eat the entire pot)
    290 Calories, 5 carbs, 10 grams of protein

Dinner
    Butter Curry Chicken
    (Okay, I might eat 1.5 servings of this...so here that is)
    380 calories, 5 carbs protein????
    Homemade yogurt
    100 calories, 4 carbs
    spinach in some form
    50 calories, 4 carbs
    Cauliflower
    1 cup 25 calories, 5 carbs

Snack: If I remember or have time or if I'm hungry-snacks are rare for me.
    flax see flat bread and brie (250 calories, 5 carbs)

Grand total: 1445 Calories and 43 carbs-IF I HAVE A SNACK.
    1195 Calories and 38 carbs with no snack

Other stuff.

This is a snap shot below..there's far more than I can list here, but here's some examples.

I have six recipes for soup that are low in calories and carbs.
    And several flax seed and/or whey muffin recipes-my 4 year old loves them
    I might drink a sugar free whey chocolate shake with no sugar added Almond milk (100 Calories/5 carbs)
    I have numerous recipes for chicken, I love ethnic food, to they are anything from Mexican, Indian, Tha and Chinese.

I will eat (okay here's my premade food) Joseph's Organic Kosher Lavish Flax bread for roll ups with turkey and cheese, lettuce and tomato and organic mayo. (They are big so half 300 calories/4.5 carbs)

Melons, tomatoes, asparagus, cabbage. berries, mushrooms, celery, peppers, onions-there's probably too much to list here..

Peanut or Almond Butter with celery...

Some, but limited steak and pork chops or ribs on occasion

Drink enough coffee to kill a small rodent. Sometimes I put Almond or soy milk in it with sugar free chocolate DiVinci Syrup. (20 calories/2 carbs)

I have three chocolate recipes that I make moose or mock danishes.
    Limited amount of cheese..no more than 4 oz.

Drink 154 oz of water a day.
    Work out 1 hour and 45 minutes 4-6 days a week.
    No NutraSweet but about 1-2 cans of Diet Rite (SHAME ON ME)
    I eat ate an Indian buffet with one of my friends from the YMCA twice a month.
  • mncardiojunkie
    Options
    You know what...I am counting calories and carbs and I am eating a lot. :noway: I never really noticed. I wonder if all of those spices are killing my appetite? :bigsmile: I sometimes eat an entire bag of spinach and it has like maybe 50-100 calories max and 5 grams of carbs.

Spinach is my favorite food in the entire world, running a second close to lemons. I lived in Brazil for two years and I did not have access to either (lemons are limes in Brazil). I have 100s of recipes for both. So this is not forced eating good food. Now chocolate runs a close third...food of the Gods...

You don't have to starve...wow. I didn't even pay attention to this. Thanks for asking me to post my menu..I helped me...:flowerforyou:
  • dipsy1848
    Options
    congrats!!!! way to go!!!!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is awesome. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!