Replies

• hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Get well soon. :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    glad you are going to the doc. let us know what they say. get well soon sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you have decided to go to the doctor. For all of you who think nothing can be done if you have the flu, there is a medicine for it now! Yup... It's true!

My son (and husband a few days later) had fever, headache, cough, congestion. Son also had soreness in his upper thighs, close to the pelvic area (we later found out there's lymph nodes there too?) and dizzy spells. Took him to the doctor and they shoved a swab up his nose (Brandon told me it hurt like heck, like they were trying to shove it into his brain) and tested for Influeza A. It came back positive, and they prescribed a drug called Rolenza. It's basically a powder that you inhale (two inhales, twice a day) and it shortens the duration of the flu considerably. Both he and my husband felt better after 4 or 5 days, although the cough hung around for another week. Compare that to 3 weeks of aching, fever, tiredness etc (gee, I think I had the flu a month earlier than them, and I didn't go to the doctor... wish now that I had), and it's a lot better.

We have Blue Cross/Shield insurance, and the Rolenza cost 45 dollars.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have posted. Best to see a doctor. Could be sinus infection or bronchitis, or any number of things.

If it is bacterial, the doc will give you antibiotics and you will feel much better within days. If viral, not too much you can do, but you will at least have peace of mind that it is not bacterial. Also, doc may be able to give you something to help you cope (eg, prescription decongestants or cough suppressant are wonderful things..).

Much fluids either way...:drinker: :drinker:

Feel better soon!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

jb
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    OOOooooooo Kerri sorry to hear you are not feeling well... Glad you are going to the doctors... keep us posted... I hope you feel better soon...

if i had access to my photobucket I would have a picture of a flower to give you...

this will have to do! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good thing she is going! I ended up with a sinus infection and an ear infection!! That stuff can drag on if you don't take care of it!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Good thing she is going! I ended up with a sinus infection and an ear infection!! That stuff can drag on if you don't take care of it!

ohhhh yuck. I'm hoping for strep throat, because it's an easy fix. it's 1:15 here... I'm leaving in about 20 mins. wish me luck!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

now Go go go go go!!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    So here's that soup for you poor babies that are snuffli'n, sneez'n, achy, poopy feeling all over....

chicken_soup_laugh.jpg

Hope this works...it's been awhile!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I am back with my diagnosis- Strep Throat. He said it looks like I've got a cold too- go figure. I got penicillin and tylenol :ohwell:

on a happy note I had BPand blood sugar tested and both are excellent :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I am back with my diagnosis- Strep Throat. He said it looks like I've got a cold too- go figure. I got penicillin and tylenol :ohwell:

on a happy note I had BPand blood sugar tested and both are excellent :bigsmile:

poor kerri! :cry: strep is NO FUN! so glad you went to the doc. get your pretty self better soon missy! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I don't know if this is a good thing or not, lol but due to my liquid diet (or soup, ice cream, yogurt, applesauce etc- anything super soft) I've lost 2 lbs since getting sick. :laugh: I was curious so I cheated and weighed in today at 144. not logging it though, it'll be back once I feel better
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

That sucks! At least now you can work on getting better. Get Well Soon!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    That sucks! At least now you can work on getting better. Get Well Soon!

I second that motion...
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    thanks guys! :flowerforyou: should be good as new by the end of the week :drinker:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    thanks guys! :flowerforyou: should be good as new by the end of the week :drinker:

OK... Doctor Trouble prescribes lots and lots of :drinker: :drinker: (water) and then take your meds, get some rest... and call me in the mornin....
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

Oh you poor thing! Get better soon!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:

My daughter had strep a week ago, bounced back quickly with the antibiotics. I'm sure you will bounce back too. In the meantime, don't bother logging foods and rest. Let your body heal.
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    Feel better soon!! :flowerforyou:

My daughter had strep a week ago, bounced back quickly with the antibiotics. I'm sure you will bounce back too. In the meantime, don't bother logging foods and rest. Let your body heal.

Oooooo Dr. Lauryn makes an appearance... see she said what i... uhhh... said... YEAH... get lots and lots of rest..

thank you Dr. Lauryn :happy:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hope this works...it's been awhile!

Ezzie, you're back!!! :flowerforyou: