In need of motivation and support!

Options
Helloooo, I am new to MyFitnessPal and joined because my weight loss attempts up until now haven't been very successful! I'm hoping support through this forum and being able to track everything in one place will help me! I have a fair bit to lose overall but doing it slowly so I can maintain it :)

I'm looking forward to reading all your success stories that can hopefully push me to keep on track! :)

Replies

• cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you can add me, i am also looking for friends on here for support! i have about 50 lbs to lose and need that kick in the butt as well!
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    you may add me too! :) I joined for the same reason as you... AND i am also getting married in september! Good luck with your journey! :)
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm GOING to lose 50 lbs. I just started a few days ago. I love this forum and the people I've chosen for friends :)
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It is an awsome site! Good luck
  • abull63
    abull63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Bellapumpkin:
    I too am overweight but am also diabetic because of my weight. I have type II diabetes. Doctors say I need to lose about 30 pounds or more. I am struggling too. I belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) which I really enjoy. The group is a lot of support but I have a lot of bad habits that I am trying to change. First I am trying to write down everything I eat so I can see where the problem is. It looks like I eat too much protein and fat. I think my fitness pal will help. Just keep trying. Never give up. Your life depends on it. If you are not diabetic, don't be. You can lose that weight. Just one pound a week would be 52 pounds in a year. Wouldn't that be great, but slow is best. I keep trying. You can too.
  • bellapumpkin
    Options
    Thank you! It's great to hear that there's people in the same place as me! Do any of you know if it's ok to drink Pepsi Max while starting a diet? I try to drink as much water as I can but sometimes it's just not possible! Need that sugary fix aha!
  • sahende2012
    Options
    Hi, You can definitely add me! I just started on this site today, and I would love to get to know you all! I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have lost weight successfully in the past. However, when I have tried to eat healthily and exercise (sporadically, I regretfully must admit) over the last 3 months, I have been unsuccessful.

I am serious now about losing weight and getting healthy. Thank you all for your support! I am here for all of you also!
  • alimarieban
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 44 pounds to lose. I can offer and use all the support I can get!

We can do this!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me i need all the support i can get i've got 140 lbs to lose and i'm in my 3rd week
  • rebecca0101
    Options
    You can add me also! I seen this quote today and thought it was very eye opening.... ~You are changing your LIFE not a light bulb! It's going to take more than a minute~
  • Kgotell
    Kgotell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I run am all womens eercise gruop and have a whole net work of woman you can add as well, we alwyas are swapping recipes and health(ier) snack ideas as well as quick fitness routines you can do anywhere:):tongue:
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me,,,
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more support the better!!
  • Megs890
    Megs890 Posts: 11
    Options
    You can add me! I'm definitely looking for some support. I'm trying to lose at least 50 pounds and I'm hoping to do better than my previous attempts :)
  • WolffRN
    WolffRN Posts: 48
    Options
    I love that quote!:happy:
  • saikanathan
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and am on a mission to loose a few more pounds. I am currently restructuring my eating habits. You can add me as a friend if you would like :) and we can support each other.
  • shereigns
    Options
    You can add me! I am in the same boat. Just remember that you are human and that results are slow and steady. We all want to lose 15lbs in a week, but don't get discouraged if it is only 1lb. Better to lose than to gain. :) Get MOTIVATED!!!
  • danilhaines
    Options
    I am new as of yesterday please add me!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Bellapumpkin:
    I too am overweight but am also diabetic because of my weight. I have type II diabetes. Doctors say I need to lose about 30 pounds or more. I am struggling too. I belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) which I really enjoy. The group is a lot of support but I have a lot of bad habits that I am trying to change. First I am trying to write down everything I eat so I can see where the problem is. It looks like I eat too much protein and fat. I think my fitness pal will help. Just keep trying. Never give up. Your life depends on it. If you are not diabetic, don't be. You can lose that weight. Just one pound a week would be 52 pounds in a year. Wouldn't that be great, but slow is best. I keep trying. You can too.

Are you watching your carb intake too? Carbohydrates turn into sugar, and too many raises your blood sugar, and a diabetic can't produce enough insulin to maintain their blood sugars.