Blenders

Options
I want to get a blender so I can start making smoothies (fruit, spinach, ice, etc.). I'm a little lost as to which one to buy though. Who loves their blender and what kind do you have?

Replies

• likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Anyone?
  • BabsPerl
    BabsPerl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cuisnart Soupmaker!!!!!!! It cooks your food too if you wanted.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just have a plain old Oster blender, I think it was about $30 at Walmart. It's nothing special but it gets the job done.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix. The pricetag is hefty, I purchased mine through QVC and did their 5 easy payments. But I do not regret purchasing it at all. You won't need a separate juicer with the Vitamix, I throw everything into my smoothies, spinach, frozen bananas, whole carrots, cut up apple, and everything is nice and smooth, no big chunks floating around.

Also, I make my own hummus, peanut butter and soups right in it. I love it and I wouldn't trade this blender for anything.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would love to get a VitaMix or a Blendtec - they are amazing and even blend up the small seeds in berries, but they are pricey and just not in our budget. I used to use my magic bullet for smoothies - not the best at getting everything blended, especially ice, or even bananas for that matter. :tongue:

Right now I'm using a food processor/blender combo I got at Costco a few years back - it's a Cuisinart Smart Power Duet. I don't like the food processor part (bowl is too small) but the blender is a good size and made of glass. The blades do really well with getting everything smooth - even ice (I use the ice crusher mode for smoothies).
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have two blenders - a full up Kitchen Aid blender (which I use more for blended soups and a big batch of daiquiris!) and a Cuisinart SmartPower blender that I *love* for my smoothies. It comes with 4 "to-go" cups that you blend directly in and they're completely diswasher safe. Here's a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPB-300-SmartPower-15-Piece-Portable/dp/B003YLEXBO
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Thanks guys!