SBF 2: Reboot! ... March 24th

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Good morning everyone! I am going to start the post and then come back to edit it so we don't have multiple threads going. :wink:

Today is going to be a long day for me, and I may not get to work out much. I got up and did my strength workout. Can I just vent for a minute? I've had this book since I was in college, but was never able to stick with the program because there were some moves that I couldn't do... and I didn't have the experience or confidence to realize that I could modify the moves if they didn't work for me. The author doesn't give any caveats or alternate versions, and frankly I think some of the moves are just wrong - certainly for me (like doing squats all the way to ground, coming up on your toes and your knees going forward). This time, I am taking it all with a grain of salt, but it still makes me angry that she made me feel like I was too weak to start a strength program. :noway:

Anyway, I'll be working late tonight. If things are going well, I might try to run on the treadmill for a while. I hope you all have a good day. Reboot boogaloo! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am going to start the post and then come back to edit it so we don't have multiple threads going. :wink:

Today is going to be a long day for me, and I may not get to work out much. I got up and did my strength workout. Can I just vent for a minute? I've had this book since I was in college, but was never able to stick with the program because there were some moves that I couldn't do... and I didn't have the experience or confidence to realize that I could modify the moves if they didn't work for me. The author doesn't give any caveats or alternate versions, and frankly I think some of the moves are just wrong - certainly for me (like doing squats all the way to ground, coming up on your toes and your knees going forward). This time, I am taking it all with a grain of salt, but it still makes me angry that she made me feel like I was too weak to start a strength program. :noway:

Anyway, I'll be working late tonight. If things are going well, I might try to run on the treadmill for a while. I hope you all have a good day. Reboot boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Or at least I hope it gets better. I didn't get much sleep last night. I don't have much to say this morning for a change. Maybe it's because I am still asleep. lol
    Yesterday was not the best day. Probably a D for me. I ended up having a chocolate coated granola bar last night after a big dinner. :noway: And I wonder why the weight just isn't falling off. Today is a new day so we're going to try again. On a good note I did manage to get LOTS of veggies in yesterday and one fruit. lol
    Today's goals:
    take Alex to tumbling class
    eat better/no sweets
    work out for at least 30 minutes
    drink my water (which I failed to do yesterday)
    And clean something. Anything.
    Oh I have a question for all of you. Which do you think is more effective (or not): working out 5X a week for 30 min., or working out 3X a week for 60 min.?
    Thanks!
    MM
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well, no exercising for me today as I'm home with a sick kiddo. But I'm okay with that.

Did pretty good yesterday. Don't think I went over my calories, although we ate Ethiopian and I had to guesstimate on that. Tried to kind of overestimate on some things to make up for what I didn't know.

Goals for today:

Stay within my calories without the exercise.
    Drink my waters (I have one bottle left to go already).
    Try and get 6 hours of sleep tonight.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbles. . .

I still feel pretty tired (I think exhausted is a word that applies here). Also, I am really, really cranky about it. I'm trying to stay in a place of gratitude, but my body has been pretty frustrating lately.

I canceled my session with my trainer, but if I feel up to it later, I'm going to do a light strength training during the day. Also, if I feel a lot better, I might try a new spin teacher at the gym. Otherwise, it's more rest. I will also (definitely) work for an hour on my conference paper and an hour on my project.

Ended up eating pizza for dinner last night, too. I got all pout-y and self-medicated with food. I only went over my calories by a bit. . .but no more restaurant food for the rest of the week. I'm so bloated that my wedding rings are tight (this never happens).

Anyways, take care of yourselves. I promise to do the same.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    CP, I just saw your post from last night. I want to see pictures of your house! I love old houses! :happy: Paint stripping (I've heard) is very difficult and a long process. One guy on our street is stripping the paint off the brick outside. He's been working on sections at a time for over a year. The brick looks SO much better. With the paint it looked kind of ghetto.
    Anywho's, just wanted to comment on your post.
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi,

MM, my opinion on your question. Both have value and both will achieve slighty different endings. The calories burned will be similar.

Goals for today:

1) Stay in cals: I'll let you know tonight, but I've started off right with Kashi high protein and fiber cereal
    2) Hydrate
    3) Eat healthier
    4) Work under 8.5 hours
    5) Exersise three days: Just did 30 min biking

Reboot Boogaloo,

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Yeah, MM. . .I agree with Anne on this one.

I think the advantage to fewer workouts (maybe I need to explore this one myself. . .:tongue: ) is that the recovery time allows you to push harder in your workouts.

The advantage to five days is that it promotes consistency.

Just my two cents.:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi, Hope everyone had a good day today

Goals for today:

1) Stay in cals: :happy: it was hard as I had a lunch meeting (eating out is really hard to monitor eh?)
    2) Hydrate -five glasses (three glasses more than usual)
    3) Eat healthier -had cake today for friends b day but had a small slice at least
    4) Work under 8.5 hours -:smile:
    5) Exersise three days: 30 min biking

Tomorrow is "Crazy Canucks" group weigh in on MFP...... so we'll see

Reboot Boogaloo,

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Ate well today and rested. Worked for two and a half hours on paper re-writing/project.

Have to call that a success. . .not up to exercise today. After sleeping ten hours last night, slept an additional four this afternoon. Le sigh.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wow did not do well today. Met none of my goals ... except maybe the water. Back on track tomorrow.
  • cp005e
    Options
    I guess it was a mixed day for me today. On the one hand, I feel like a super woman because I ran for 3.5 miles on the treadmill - which is the length of the Chase Corporate Challenge run that I will be doing at the end of May. I was running for over 40 minutes! :glasses:

But, on the other hand, I have to admit that my eating today was terrible. I don't know what is going on with me lately. I had 2 diet sodas, 2 coffees (w/cream & sugar), a pack of Rolos, a pack of strawberry Mentos, and a granola bar. Arggh. It was stress eating - I had to work late to implement an upgrade that I've been working on for months. Everything went fine, but I still ate junk. :ohwell:

As V says - le sigh! Tomorrow is another day. I will focus on my treadmill success.