im determined to fit into my wedding dress

Options
After getting engaged and buying my dress I became victim to the christmas blues and put on a few pounds, not really caring or noticing how much until I came to try on my dress.....well shocked would be the word when the zipper wouldnt do up! How had this happened? After coming to realise that this was all my own doing and going backwards and forwards between being 'happy' (which in my mind was eating what I wanted when I wanted and as often as I liked) and being 'miserable' having to do the dreaded 'D' word and go the gym I learned that food can't make me happy.

Its hard, isn't it, to keep motivating yourself and not get too worked up over what foods to eat and what to avoid, and I'm trying hard to not fall into the trappings of fad dieting. I am motivated when I read all other posts to learn that people everywhere are going through the same struggles and coming out the other side happier and healthier, and not Im more determined than ever to fit into my wedding dress.

Thanks for keeping going everyone, it helps me to not give up.

Love Susan in Ireland

Replies

• skuzie1986
    Options
    After getting engaged and buying my dress I became victim to the christmas blues and put on a few pounds, not really caring or noticing how much until I came to try on my dress.....well shocked would be the word when the zipper wouldnt do up! How had this happened? After coming to realise that this was all my own doing and going backwards and forwards between being 'happy' (which in my mind was eating what I wanted when I wanted and as often as I liked) and being 'miserable' having to do the dreaded 'D' word and go the gym I learned that food can't make me happy.

Its hard, isn't it, to keep motivating yourself and not get too worked up over what foods to eat and what to avoid, and I'm trying hard to not fall into the trappings of fad dieting. I am motivated when I read all other posts to learn that people everywhere are going through the same struggles and coming out the other side happier and healthier, and not Im more determined than ever to fit into my wedding dress.

Thanks for keeping going everyone, it helps me to not give up.

Love Susan in Ireland
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! There are a LOT of people on here that are proof that THIS works. Stick to it & you'll do great! Good luck & congrats on your upcoming wedding! :flowerforyou:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi Susan-

We all know how you feel. Sometimes I'm totally ready to eat right and work out and then other times the thought of going to the gym is nauseating! I guess it's just how we are but I think if we keep doing the healthy things they will become a habit and we won't want to eat a bunch of crappy things...hopefully! I'm getting married next year and haven't even looked at a wedding dress because I refuse to get into a plus size dress! So for now i'll work on me and then start working on that whole wedding thing. :happy:
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi Susan,

I think this site will help you on your journey. I have done so many diets before and the weight, plus a little extra, always came back on because none of them you could have done for the rest of your life. This site has taught me so much about eating sensibly. So far I have managed to come down in little steps from 12st 8lbs to 11st 11lbs and after a little fall back around christmas, just like you, I am now getting back on track.
    Something I really like about this site is that as long as I log every little thing that goes into my mouth I can eat whatever I want. :smile:

I am sure you can reach your goal. This site is full of motivating posts and when I see the sucess of some other members on here, I know I can make it too.

Good luck, you can do it.

Hanna in London
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: