Call me what you want...but STOP calling me skinny!

Options
2»

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I get it from my dad a lot of the time but it's only because they can't help but compare you to how you used to be.

If I weighed 350lbs and got down to 200lbs, I'd still be big and heavy but I'd be told 'OMG look at you! you're practically skinny now!'

Just laugh it off and take it as a compliment :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    very nearly lost it the other day with a regular who drinks in the pub I work in. I've been losing weight steadily and sensibly, I still have 20 or so pounds to go until I hit my healthy weight and I am in no way "skinny".

He was loitering after closing and I was about to start the clean up and we were chatting about running and he said "you're looking so skinny now"...grrrr.

I never ever want to be skinny, I am not trying to be skinny, I have no way in hell I'll ever be skinny...too much boob, bum and curves for that (good old Scandanavian genes :laugh: ) and I NEVER want anyone to call me skinny. I was unhealthily thin at uni (drinking) and that was a fear I had before losing weight was that I'd go back to that place.

So...congratulate, encourage, praise, help, mentor and call me curvy, healthy, happy, slimmer, hour glass (seeing as I AM) but please...don't call me skinny.

:heart:
    i hate when someone calls me skinny too, they think i was lean like this my whole life >:(!
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sure it's meant as a compliment but really..... skinny is what you don't want, it says scrawny and unhealthy to me. As you say, slim with a few curves is perfect!! You're doing fab though!! xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i got rid of a friend off here who kept saying 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'... that phrase drives me MAD!!!!

i dont want to be skinny, who does?! slim, yes, thin, yes, toned, yes, healthy, DEFINITELY, but these days skinny makes me think scrawny and skinny fat, who wants that!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love it when people tell me I'm skinny, or to go eat a sandwich.

^^^^^^^^ this