afternoon slump

Options
Just like clockwork - it is now 2 pm and I could just lay my head on my desk and sleep for an hour. Does anyone else have so precise a slump time as that. It seems that every day at 2 pm, no matter where I am or what I have eaten, I get a major case of the suddenly tired's.

Any ideas out there?? It is tough to get through..

Janie

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Just like clockwork - it is now 2 pm and I could just lay my head on my desk and sleep for an hour. Does anyone else have so precise a slump time as that. It seems that every day at 2 pm, no matter where I am or what I have eaten, I get a major case of the suddenly tired's.

Any ideas out there?? It is tough to get through..

Janie
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Go for a 10 min walk. :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Not sure how your day goes or your food intake, but when I started eating a more balanced breakfast and lunch those slumps went away. Maybe you just need an apple to give you a good sugar and fiber boost?
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I call it the afternoon sleepies. and it is caused by different things.
    1) eating too much at lunch. If you eat too much your body sometimes can not effectivly do two things at once. It can not burn food, send blood flow to the brain, AND keep you alert all at the same time.
    To help it do this, Drink more water. :drinker:
    2) You ate too many carbs at lunch. That pasta lunch might have been yummy, but your body has used up all of the energy that the carbs gave you and now it is time to take a little nap because you are carb crashing. Drink water, :drinker: and get a piece of fruit if you can. :happy:
    3) You are not sleeping enough at night. :yawn: The things that you can do to help with that are too many to mention here. I know that there are several good articles on MSN health. Google help sleeping, or sleep studies, and see what pops up.
    4) You are drinking too much coffee in the morning and not enough water during the day.
    Hmm, I am starting to see a pattern here...
    5) you are not moving enough.. GET UP! stand there for a few minutes. Do neck rolls. take a short walk around the office ANYTHING to get moving.
    6) Your job is boaring the heck out of you. :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Options
    if your in a sunny state, its the sun. it drains u out. if not, just go outside the building and get some air. i've been there.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - the walk and apple helped quite a bit. I am finally back..:drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I picked something up at my doctor's office today that totally gave me a boost. It is a B-12 liquid "shot"! There are two servings per bottle. They charge 3 bucks a bottle but they gave me their rate (1.50). I feel like I live there. I also get a high dose of Vitamin B injections once a week (that is why I feel like I am always there)! Anyhow, I had to make myself eat lunch today b/c that liquid B-12 just made me hyper and not hungry. In fact, I only ate half my lunch, worked out for 2.5 hours and then finished the other half of lunch. Still feeling great here1

It is called Maximum energy B-12 shot. It is stimulant free. It is distributed by High Performance Fitness Inc.

I bought two bottles, but I am going to get more. It really just gave me that little extra boost that I needed.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bamboo
    Does that drink have caffeine?:yawn: I could sure us a boost, but hate to drink too much caffeinated stuff. Did I spell that right? sounds great though, and I think the B vitamins also help with metabolism? is that correct?
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Bamboo
    Does that drink have caffeine?:yawn: I could sure us a boost, but hate to drink too much caffeinated stuff. Did I spell that right? sounds great though, and I think the B vitamins also help with metabolism? is that correct?

The brand that I purchased has NO stimulants, so no caffeine. You are correct on the metabolism and Vitamin B. I get a high dose VIT B injection once a week. I do this through my doctor and nobody else. I trust her and know exactly what I am getting. I also take Vitamin B daily along with my multi vitamin. Today was the first day I tried this b-12 liquid. It really gave me a boost so I think I am going to have her order me some more!! GNC may have something along the same lines. I have not checked yet though.