Need a bit of support...

Options
So the last few days I've been feeling really bummed out about my weight loss for some silly reason. (Sorry for all the guys that read this, but it is my TOM and I'm really emotional right now too.)

I know I should be proud of myself for losing 30 pounds since August, but I see all these other people who have lost more, and I'm really jealous. I know everyone's body is different and I know my metabolism is just super slow and it takes a lot to boost it.

And I really shouldn't be bummed out because I have an amazing support system here with MFP and with my boyfriend and best friend/Zumba instructor.

I guess I haven't really seen a lot of changes in my weight loss either...even though I have ladies from Curves and my Zumba classes mention that I'm "melting away". I always feel like the fat girl.

Anyway, sorry for the depressing rant. I would love to have more friends on here as well. Feel free to add me and I will help support each of you on your journey as well.

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I think we all have those types of feelings some days. Try and focus on the positives: you've dropped 30lbs, go you! And I'm sure you have more energy now and are able to do things you never could have down with those 30 extra lbs on you. :smile: Slow and steady weight loss is the best way to ensure you will stick with it and keep it off! YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
  • amhuerta
    amhuerta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a wonderful job. I know we all get down sometimes and feel we can do better. The fact that you have come here for support instead of saying "oh well and giving up" is a great step into changing yourself forever and not gaining the weight back. You have changed your body probably in ways you don't know. You are overall healthier and I know your body is thankful for that. We cannot compare ourselves to others because they may need to lose more or their body type might be different. I know personally my inches lost are more then weight which in my opinion is a lot better. Keep up the good work and enjoy the accomplishments you have achieved already and know your journey is not over. You may not get to your goal tomorrow but you will get there!!!
    Did you accomplish non weight goals? Maybe you have exercised more or drink more water. Feel good about those goals too:)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Your body is changing, but you mind is taking a bit longer. I had to drop around 40, before I felt like I had dropped an ounce. Even now, when someone says that they notice a difference, I'm never sure if they really do, or if they're just saying it to be nice.

In other words, we tend to be our own worst critics.

Clearly what you're doing is working, just give your mind a chance to catch up to your body :drinker:
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Your body is changing, but you mind is taking a bit longer. I had to drop around 40, before I felt like I had dropped an ounce. Even now, when someone says that they notice a difference, I'm never sure if they really do, or if they're just saying it to be nice.

In other words, we tend to be our own worst critics.

Clearly what you're doing is working, just give your mind a chance to catch up to your body :drinker:

Thanks, I really think my mind is going to take the most time to see the changes that are happening. I've been overweight my whole life. I was 250lbs in high school...I honestly don't know what it's like to live a healthy life until now.
  • star87cc
    Options
    Hiya, I'm new here on the boards and this is my first post, but I really got what you were saying, I thought about it and I've had the same where people say you're looking really good and you question this. It got me thinking... I didnt notice I was putting the weight on (because no one mentions this, well unless they are either quite thoughtless or geniuinely trying to help) till one day I thought hmm these trousers used to hang off me, maybe its the same with weight loss and one day it'll hit you and you'll think wow I've done this! :)