shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but a shake does not equal servings of fruits and vegetables. I don't care how much of the known vitamins it has in it. That's like saying taking a vitamin c supplement counts as a serving of fruit.

Also, if you replace a 600-700 calorie meal at McDonalds with a 130 calorie shake, you will likely lose weight due to a calorie deficit. There is no magical combination of nutrients that helps someone lose weight. Shakeology is a supplement, and so far, there aren't any supplements out there that have evidence to back up their wild health claims.
  • crystalrose22
    crystalrose22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The chocolate is very good. I like to mix it with coffee and cinnamon in the morning. I have been taking it as 1 meal replacement a day for the past two weeks and I feel more energized and less moody. It contains healthy supplements people pay a lot of money for individually so it really is worth the buy. I didn't like the greenberry as much but I am still trying to mix different things with it and experimenting. It tastes a lot like lemongrass to me. I would say definitely buy it! It is so good for you and is healthy enough to drink three meals a day. It isn't just protein like some people think. It has your vegetables, fruits, vitamins for the day as well as protein. I looked into this very carefully before buying it and it is awesome! Go for it lady!
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i personally LOVE the chocolate shakeology. i was skeptical myself until i tried it. i honestly don't have any cravings when i use it regularly. if i skip a few days, i start to crave sugar and carbs. it satisfies me til my next meal. it IS expensive, but imo, worth it. i have been having it as my lunch almost every day for the last year. only skip when i am on vacation.

you have been doing it for a year?? has it helped with your workouts? i know some ppl say you get the best results when you dirnk it. i want to know ifs its true or if it is not. im doing turbo fire right now and every beachbody workout i have done always calls for shakeology. so how has it help with working out??
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    looking for people that would love to try shakeology and maybe start the 3 day cleanses with me on feb 20th. it may seem expensive but if you think about it, $4 a day for a shake it the same as getting starbucks or some sort of fast food like subway for lunch. i just bought the greenberry, so would anyone like to do this with me??
    The thing is, I'd rather just spend it on Subway-they have more than 2 flavors.

Oh for sure Shakeology is NOT worth the price but for the sake of losing 3-6 lbs to jump start a plan Subway is NOT the way to go. Too high in carbs and sodium to lose weight fast but of course a nice quick meal (other than the sodium content) for normal healthy eating and weight loss.

Ps: if anyone ends up ordering it, order on auto delivery to get 2 free workout DVD's and free shipping and then just cancel auto-delivery once you get it.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I might be interested! My BF and I usually do a cleanse every season (4 times a year) we choose a different kind each time. Sometimes the detox vitamin/pill kits or a certain food cleanse.

Can you tell me a little bit about this one? I don't mind spending the money to do something if it is healthy on a few levels and going to give me body a refreshed feeling.

Please share any info you can!

its a shake from beachbody. it has a bunch of vititams and minerals in it. its suppost to help you lose weight, make you more regular, and reduce cravings. some people said it has helped them more which this is the reason why it got me looking at it. people have said it has helped their hair grow stonger and fuller due to the amount of biotein in it, some people said they now never get sick, or get headaches. and one girl who got me to try it said with the cleanses she did she lost 8lbs and she is really skinny. the info they give about it at the end of my workout videos say that its so many cups of veggies and fruits and that its all natural. iknow they are coming out with a vegan one but it doenst come out till feb 14th.

She's skinny so she MUST know about nutrition and weight loss.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    i personally LOVE the chocolate shakeology. i was skeptical myself until i tried it. i honestly don't have any cravings when i use it regularly. if i skip a few days, i start to crave sugar and carbs. it satisfies me til my next meal. it IS expensive, but imo, worth it. i have been having it as my lunch almost every day for the last year. only skip when i am on vacation.

you have been doing it for a year?? has it helped with your workouts? i know some ppl say you get the best results when you dirnk it. i want to know ifs its true or if it is not. im doing turbo fire right now and every beachbody workout i have done always calls for shakeology. so how has it help with working out??

No she did it for 2 weeks. Just click search on MFP for lots of supporters, many people love the taste and say it aids in digestion but as for the vitamins it contains its identical to a multivitamin which is more cost effective.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I heard you will bulk up if you drink too much shakeology.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Is it going to bring all the boys to the yard?
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day challenge, lost 5 lbs doing 1 shakeology per day as a meal replacement. I mixed it with frozen fruit. It's the best tasting shake I've ever had, but I can't afford to buy it. Good luck to all of you who get it, you won't regret it one bit!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Can you count it as water? Cuz, you know, that would be AWESOME!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options

Wow, good post! This is the reason why I'm not buying anymore ShakeO - too pricey for me.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not trying to sell you anything. The recovery shakes are the whole reason I do the workouts!! They are MONEY
    used-car-salesman-seo.jpg
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I've drank the chocolate since April but only on occasion to put off chocolate cravings. I did the cleanse once, only once. The first two days I was fine, the third day I wanted to scream. Not only was the weight loss temporary, it messed up my body so much it took almost a full week for it to recover. YMMV. Good luck!