Weight Loss, Take 2

Options
Hi everyone. Around the first of the year I started tracking my calories again and got back on the elliptical machine. I was using "Lose It!" on my iPhone but I like the social aspects of MyFitnessPal, so here I am. Basically I lost 200 pounds in 2002-2003 by adhering to a strict diet and 3 hours or so of exercise daily. I also had no social life, didn't go out to eat, just did my diet thing. Life got in the way unfortunately and I gained every bit of that back. So here I am, a few years later, starting all over again. This time moderation has got to be the key as I want this to be the last time I lose this weight and strict diets just don't work for me (or most people) in the long term. Moderation is soooo much harder than abstinence! Back in 2003, I went almost 2 years without so much as a bite of chocolate or fast food. I did a hour of cardio, then a hour of weight training, then an hour of step or kickboxing 5 days a week. None of this fits my lifestyle anymore. Now I'm hoping for 40 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week and a sensible diet that I can live with forever....

Giving myself another couple of weeks staying on track before my first weigh-in.... and I definitely need support and motivation because I don't want to let a number ruin my resolve if it doesn't go the way I want.... Like I said, I want this to be the last time I lose this weight, no turning back now!

I hope to make some friends and a support system through this site... it looks awesome so far!

- Miranda