Alli - Anyone ever try this weight loss drug?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the weight loss drug Alli. I am trying to lose about 15 lbs and am considering using. I'd love to hear some reviews and comments about the abdominal side effects. :huh:

thank you!

Replies

• hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have taken it in the past and yea it helped me lose some weight but it didn't help my relationship with food. I started abusing it as in 'aw no probs I can have that takeaway' or 'I can have that extra cake' as I knew I would effectively 'pass' it the other end!! The side effects are horrible if you eat too much fat, really oily stools and stomach cramps, hence them trying to teach you to eat less fat. But I didn't like them so just decided to bin them and then do more exercise and eat better. That has worked for me more in the long run. Sorry its a negative comment but only putting my experience down xxx
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm looking for honesty.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    If you can handle the constant fear of sh!tting yourself after you eat something, totally worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you can handle the constant fear of sh!tting yourself after you eat something, totally worth it! :flowerforyou:

LOL! That Bad!! Hmm.....I'm thinking NO!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Buy black pants and underwear too. Stains show up less that way!
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    15 lbs is not a lot of weight... do it naturally. Less chance of gaining it back in the long run and you might actually learn some good habits in the process.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Don't do it... Seriously, just don't. You only have 15 to lose? You'll do fine the good ole fashioned way of watching what you eat and getting in some exercise!
  • bkmom98
    Options
    Did it once--it very expensive and you have uncontrolable loose stools--not something you should try if you are working in the public. I made it and no one knew, I just said I was sick and went home--but it's not worth it!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    F* it, just do meth, or if it's too low brow for you do coke. All the cool kids are doing it.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it, but I asked my doctor about it. She said that it's a safe drug but to stay home when first taking it because it definitely has explosive side effects, as mentioned above.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I tried it once because I've always wanted to know how it felt to *kitten* myself.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Alli and Depends are usually handily stocked right beside one another.
  • MzColie
    MzColie Posts: 17
    Options
    Yea I was warned about the possible anal leakage I kinda chuckled but I guess it's true!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You'll have the same results if you eat a lot of mexican food. And by results, I mean the oily, explosive diarrhea part.
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    I used those for one day - and I had an upset stomach for one month!!!
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but knew someone who did, and it was a case of NEVER again. Side effects just don't seem worth it!
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried it once because I've always wanted to know how it felt to *kitten* myself.

samesies :(
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

^Yeah, this is the side effect I've heard the most about. It's not for the weak of bowels.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Step one: Buy a taco from Taco Bell.
    Step two: Dump contents of tortilla in the paper wrapping.

THIS is what your undies will look like. Have fun.
  • JudyPMorg
    Options
    Same experience as the other posters. Loose stools and worry about what may happen in the end. :wink: I'd say just watch what you're eating and move!