Spring Break = BAD!!! oops :(

Options
So i did great before spring break and lost the weight i wanted to, but i still had more to go. I brought my sneakers with me to florida but they only got use like 3 days. Since it was me and my friends last hoorah before we graduate we just went to have fun. I said to myself before i went that i was just going to go and have fun, so we went out to nice dinners and stayed out at bars till allll hours of the morning, i didnt feel bad until the second i got off the plane. Now i feel horrible and guilty that i gained some weight. This sucks, just have to get back into the mood to excercise and out of my spring break mode, but that is harder than you think lol.

Replies

• afoster4
    afoster4 Posts: 38
    Options
    So i did great before spring break and lost the weight i wanted to, but i still had more to go. I brought my sneakers with me to florida but they only got use like 3 days. Since it was me and my friends last hoorah before we graduate we just went to have fun. I said to myself before i went that i was just going to go and have fun, so we went out to nice dinners and stayed out at bars till allll hours of the morning, i didnt feel bad until the second i got off the plane. Now i feel horrible and guilty that i gained some weight. This sucks, just have to get back into the mood to excercise and out of my spring break mode, but that is harder than you think lol.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i think you should really cut yourself some slack.

you did awesome and you did what you wanted which was live it up with your friends

those are fun memories you will always have

let your smiles carry you for miles!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lgochya
    lgochya Posts: 39
    Options
    Don't beat your self up! We are all entitled to live a little too!! If that is what you like to you go girl!! But now your back to reality, so hop back on the wagon and get losing again!! You can do it!!
    PS> I hope you made it worth the cheat!!:)) Lisa
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hey me too! And I stayed at home for (most of) spring break!

Don't beat yourself up ... we can be clean queens together! Welcome back and congrats on your upcoming graduation! :flowerforyou:
  • megancolleen
    Options
    don't be so hard on yourself.. I just graduated last May and you need that last hoorrahhh!! I had an amazing time with my friends last spring break and now I am in the real world and it is so different.. I wish I coudl get away for a week of just having fun! Don't worry about it you have your whole life to eat healthy and exercise one week is not going to hurt you!
  • afoster4
    Options
    thanks guys, it was deff worth it, i guess i just needed to look at it that way. Just get right back on the train and if i lost it once i can lose it again! again thanks for the support
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So lets say tomorrow morning you wake up and forget to brush your teeth.
    "DANG IT!" you say, "Now my WHOLE tooth brushing system is ruined!"
    I might as well never brush my teeth again, Flossing is out! and while I am at it! I think I will just quit that showering and washing my hair too BECAUSE I FORGOT TO BRUSH MY TEETH!"
    Yes I know this sounds silly, But this is the exact same thing that we do with our eating health and exercise. If we miss a day, we start to think WHY GO ON! I HAVE RUINED MYSELF! BECAUSE I ATE THE WRONG THING! or BECAUSE I DID NOT WORK OUT!
    WHY do we DO THAT? and you all know WE ALL DO THIS! :angry:
    OK so you where a bad girl on Spring break! WHO HASN'T BEEN BAD ON SPRING BREAK! :wink:
    Get back to work now. and just remember your Spring break as the FUN time that you had! and go from there!
    You did it before! You can do it now!
    --Diann...
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    STOP Beating your self up. What memories you will have to tell your grandchildren when you get to that part of your life :bigsmile: I'm not trying to rush you just know where I am in my life and that the memories are wonderful.:drinker: :flowerforyou: You will get back on track because you wouldn't be worrying about how you blew it if you weren't. :bigsmile: So keep the memories and get back up on the horse so to speak :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Vacations are for enjoying. I'm glad you had a good time.
    When I go on vacation (for me that's a cruise) I get alot of walking in. But no scheduled exercise. I watch my breakfasts/lunches but dinner is pure enjoyment. I eat what I want, desert too. I have a few extra drinks. It's great having a designated Captain!
    Then when I come home I go back to normal exercise and watching the eating. The extra weight is usually water and will be gone in a week.
  • Sexy_N_Red
    Options
    Think of all those calories you burnt by dancing all night long. Every thing counts, even walking to the pool. Remember the fun.
  • afoster4
    Options
    lol i know exactly what you mean, im already heading back to the gym today but i needed to hear some positive feedback, i got some negative stuff when i got off the plane. i heard "hmmm gained a couple on vaca i see....you can see it already" And also i think i just hate that guilty feeling, but that is one think that i am DEFF trying to fix and control, i try and have a splurge day one time a week. I guess i never really thought i was hard on myself, i thought i was just practicing disciplin