Have a question please

Options
I have a kinda silly question but here it goes anyway...I have read many articles here lately about not eating to few of calories and to eat your exercise calories back. However, when I eat my stomach is telling me I am full but when I list everything I am eating its been only about 670-700 calories per day. I have always heard listen to your stomach and to stop when it tells you that you are full. Am I harming my weight loss by stopping?

Thank You for answering,
Lisa

Replies

• DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    If you're truly full after that few of calories, try eating higher calorie versions of what you're eating. For instance, when trying to CUT calories, I switched from bread that was 125 cal per slice to bread that is 50 cal per slice; I switched to lower calorie margarine (50 instead of 100 cal a serving)

What did you eat before and what changes have you made that you're now only eating less than 700 calories a day yet want to lose 40lbs?
  • LisaVacc1
    Options
    I was a junk food JUNKY...Did not eat healthy at all...But I only ate one unhealthy meal a day and just snacked inbetween if I got hungry usually out of the vending machine at work. My worst thing was fried potatoes, mash potaotes, you name the potatoes and I ate them. I am now just eating a yogart light for breakfast, some salad for lunch and when I get home I cook a low calorie meal.
  • DenverKos
    Options
    You're lucky you're not hungry cutting out the junk! :)

If you're not hungry, eat a different yogurt - greek yogurt has more calories than yoplait light and lots of good protein in it. Add some fruit, graham crackers or nuts to the yogurt. Eat oatmeal or add a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter to eat with it.

For lunch, change up your dressing (watch the fat and sugars on it, but don't worry too much about calories if you're that far under). Add some cheese or dried fruit to it, along with some chicken or salmon, a splash of olive oil maybe.

For dinner, add some pasta or bread and some butter or olive oil to your veggies. Eat a baked potato or sweet potato.

It's very easy to add some extra calories in there :)
  • LisaVacc1
    Options
    Thank you,, guess I was just scared to add,, That may sound dumb but I really am trying to eat better and get rid of this unwanted fat. Again, Thank you for your input
  • DenverKos
    Options
    You're welcome. I understand that fear. But you do still need to feed your body. As long as your calorie count is in check, it's ok to add up to that point. Good luck to you, and congrats on making the change! :wink: