Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easy Slow Cooker Lunch Idea

Fit_Britt
Fit_Britt Posts: 35 Member
So I've been making these for a few weeks now, and they make super easy, super healthy, filling, hot lunches! I'll also post the recipes/nutrition facts so you guys can easily add them to your food diary.

Here's what I do:

1-2 chicken breasts (whole frozen) + a bag of frozen veggies + chicken broth or water + 1 cup of a whole grain + seasoning.

Toss in chicken, veggies, seasoning, and broth/water.
Cook on low 8 hours. (I usually toss it in before bed so I can take some to work with me the next day).
Add whole grain when 30 min are remaining.
Take out chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. (It usually falls right apart.) Put shredded chicken back in.

Usually divides into 4-5 takeout soup bowls (16 oz).

Tips:
Add lots of seasoning! It can come out bland otherwise. I use a variety of Chicken grill mates, onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 an onion, and fresh cracked pepper.
Wait to add salt until you are ready to eat it.
I use (and fill) a 3 Qt slow cooker, so if yours is bigger, you might need to adjust water/broth.
If you use barley, add it in the beginning and cook for 8 hours.
Great to freeze and reheat!

Here's what I have made so far:

chicken, broccoli, barley, onion
chicken, mixed veggies, whole wheat pasta
chicken, broccoli, brown rice

I hope you like it, and please post your concoctions/ ideas!

Replies

• jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    This sounds great. Thanks Brit! I recently made a similiar version with chicken, onions, celery, carrots and broth with some poutry spices and garlic. I added whole wheat noodles at the end and had a yummy chicken noodle soup! Keep the ideas coming! :)