contact lenses

Options
I'm going to get them in february, i supposed to wear glasses but i just hate them and contacts are just better option for me :) what do you think of them?

Replies

• tj5000
    tj5000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wear contacts too, are you going for monthlies or dailies? They can take a while to get used to - putting them in and out that is, but the freedom of wearing them and the vanity aspect is great!

I hope you get on well with them x
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I wear contacts, and could not imagine having to wear glasses......you really do not even know you have them in once you get used to them......I always take them out before going to sleep though....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I use monthlies & take them out at night. Very comfortable to wear.
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    i herd that it may be painful sometimes :( is it true ?
  • amyrp8c
    amyrp8c Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    iv been wearing cotacts for years now, cant see a thing with out them. i wear the monthlys and they r v comfortable, only thing is if i get tired or my eyes get a bit dry(which is very rare) they can get a bit uncomfortable, a bit like having an eye lash in ur eye, but not painful! def try them out i love having them, still wear my glasses if im just about the house or just going into work but def wear my conatcts more often :) xx
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Been wearing hard or gas permeable lenses for over 30 years. Wouldn't change for the world.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wore glasses all my life until I turned 18 and finally got the boldness to waer contacts. Best decision ever. I love my contacts although I have to wear them forever!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I wear contacts. i wear the monthly ones, love not having to take them in and out everyday. They don't give me any trouble. Sometimes wake up in the morning a bit dry but a few blinks and I'm good to go. I have glasses to, but just wear them as an accessory every so often to be different from the contacts.
  • RobDelco
    Options
    I've been wearing contacts everyday since sophomore year of high school. You get used to putting them in and out real quick, just got to remember to take them out when you go to sleep at night.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I got glasses when I was seven, and contacts when I was eleven. So that's 28 years of contact lens wearing. I love them. Even with high index, ultra "thin" lenses, my glasses are thick and heavy. I need to pick out frames with smaller lenses so that they won't protrude much from the frame (in front AND back), so that leaves a lot of peripheral vision that's lost, since I can only see when I look directly ahead of me.

I love my contacts. They only hurt if I have an eyelash or something in my eye, or if I get an infection or ulcer. Since switching to Acuvue Oasis (very nearsighted and an astigmatism), I haven't had any issues.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Got glasses in 5th grade and contacts in 9th.

It's trial and error until you find the brand that best suits you.

The only pain is sometimes they can go up in your eyeball...but you can get them back down. (it happened to me this morning!) You'll know when to change them when they start to become uncomfortable or they aren't as clear anymore.

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    thanx to all :flowerforyou: i would like to here some more about them :blushing:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I got glasses at 5, and I got my contacts when I was 15. I have severe astigmatism and I'm also nearsighted. I'm 26 now and have tried 2 different kinds. I had soft contacts at first (they are easier for beginners to get used to) but my vision is more clear with gas permeable "hard contacts" so that is what I have now. I've had gas permeables since about 2005. They are awesome.
    i herd that it may be painful sometimes :( is it true ?

Yes, but my experience is the only pain is when you get something in your eye. Just like having dust or eyelash in there, it hurts. If the wind gets too dusty my eyes get bad, but I just go inside and wash off the contacts and I'm good again.

Mine are expensive, but each contact lasts for an entire year for me. I have the same pair for the year, then get an eye exam and a new pair. If my eyes haven't changed perscription I keep the same pair.

It really becomes very easy to handle them. Be very very careful when you are at the sink taking them out / putting them in. MAKE CERTAIN the sink is stopped up. I have lost many contacts down the drain :( This is the only thing that has gone wrong with them. (other than a trial - and -error period of time where I was trying to get the right fit)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

The only pain is sometimes they can go up in your eyeball...but you can get them back down.

haha, yeah, forgot that happens! It is rather rare (maybe once a year it will happen to me). It is very strange feeling and incredibly helpful to have a mirror, but you can fix it easily. Just try not to freak out! Freaking out only makes it soooo much harder to fix.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing them for about 10 years now and love them. I have horrible sight and hate wearing my glasses, I find I can see so much better with contacts.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just realized I'm getting old. I've been wearing contacts for 20 years now. I love them! They can get bothersome at night, so I'll wear glasses in the evening. I recently (and finally) got a pair of glasses I actually like, but I still prefer my contact over the glasses.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I didn't get contacts until I was 21 (got glasses in second grade). I can't believe I went this long without getting them. They definitely take a little effort to learn - at first I couldn't even touch my eye - but now I'm a pro at it. There are days where I struggle to get them in, but it's usually because I'm going too fast or they're not lubricated enough. Sometimes I can get them in and they feel awkward - in that case, I put a little saline on my finger and wet my eye with it, and usually that helps. They usually tend to feel more awkward the older they get (I have 2 week contacts). Like the poster above said, they sometimes get worse at night. Not sure if it's because you have them in all day but I definitely notice that too. It's not too bothersome though. Occasionally, on the weekends, if I'm just at home, I'll wear my glasses instead to give my eyes a break. But overall - I love them. Definitely a good choice! Be patient learning and don't give up.
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    I love them. Took me a while to find the brand that works for me (Acvue 2). Been wearing them for over 15 years.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses and have contacts for when I feel like them. They're the soft, single use contacts.

Been wearing them for a year now (not that often) but I'm still not really used to them.. It's the whole *got to touch your eye* thing that puts me off. Plus, this one time, one of my contacts rolled back into my eye socket and I freaked out because I couldn't get it out. Had to get someone else to take it out for me..
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Had glasses for 10 years or so I think and contacts for 7 years? Anyway, I love my contacts!! Lately I've been going through spurts of wearing only glasses since I rarely put contacts in if I'm not leaving the house but I wouldn't give up my contacts. I LOVE being able to wear sunglasses, any style I want! And I love being able to see without have glasses slipping down my nose or being smushed into my face, etc, etc. I adore my contacts.

I don't find them painful unless they are dirty or getting old. I wear the monthlies and I can tell when it's getting time to open new ones because they bother my eyes more. Otherwise, I can't tell that I'm even wearing contacts (almost went to bed with them before I forgot I still had contacts). I do find that my eyes dry out a lot quicker especially with a/c or heat in a vehicle or just in the house. But otherwise they don't bother me much.