Tough Mudder

Options
Has anyone done Tough Mudder? If so, what was your experience with it? I just found out about it a few weeks ago and it is coming to MN in May. I realize there is NO way I could do it in 4 months, as I have no muscles or upper body strength whatsoever! But there is a teeny part of me that really wants to do it next year!! Am I nuts? I am a bit of a wuss and not terribly athletic. But I feel like I could use the next year or so to train to get ready to do it with my husband next year. It looks insane, but I feel like it would be a sweet accomplishment to be able to do it. My husband thinks I am nuts but he is more than willing to do it with me next year if that is what I want to do. I would like a little feedback for people that have done it. What is it like? Do you need to be extremely athletic? Could a relatively small girl build up enough endurance and muscles to be able to complete the course? Things like that!

Replies

• KendyDawn81
    Options
    There is one coming in September, not sure if it's the same thing. I told a friend that I would do it with her, and you are welcome to join me in that one since it is alter! I think it's the Warrior Dash? I think it looks like a blast!
  • emmy0417
    emmy0417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it in GA where I live now - you are not crazy at all and if you want to do it - GO FOR IT!!! There's another one called "Muddy Buddy" see if that one will be around. SERIOUSLY - I do really really well when I have a goal. If you have one - that's just all the more reason to push. DO IT!!! FOR REAL!!!!
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Ah yes, Warrior Dash looks much less intense! I should probably start out with that one. Warrior Dash this year, Tough Mudder next year!! I would still like to hear from people that have done either one though.
  • XED_gnarlydog
    Options
    My first event was Warrior Dash...which is a blast. After that I got the bug for these events really bad. I am signed up for a bunch in 2012 including Tough Mudder NorCal in September.

I have friends who have done Tough Mudder and it is challenging. If nothing else sign up for a shorter mud run like Warrior Dash or Spartan Sprint to get a feel for it first. =)
  • XED_gnarlydog
    Options
    Regardless of which event you do, make sure your running cardio is solid and make sure to incorporate pullups and dips in your workouts to build your climbing and core muscles. Best way to train is to sign up and commit to a schedule. You're gonna love it! =)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
  • tamerkins2
    Options

Thank you! I will check it out.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    My first event was Warrior Dash...which is a blast. After that I got the bug for these events really bad. I am signed up for a bunch in 2012 including Tough Mudder NorCal in September.

I have friends who have done Tough Mudder and it is challenging. If nothing else sign up for a shorter mud run like Warrior Dash or Spartan Sprint to get a feel for it first. =)

Do you think I would be able to prepare myself for Warrior Dash by the end of June? I literally have no arm strength as of right now. I think the cardio part will be fine, just need to step up running for longer. The strength part of it worries me!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I hope to do a TM in Nashville in 2013. It looks AMAZING!