Recent NSV's

Options
Hey everyone! I had my first big NSV today and I'm really excited and was wondering if anyone else has had any lately?

Mine: A year or so ago I bought this dress on clearance, because I knew I'd fit into it eventually. A few months ago I still couldn't get it zipped, but I made it my goal to have it be my birthday dress! My birthday is in three weeks and today I decided to try it on... it fits! 3 weeks early! I'm elated.

Photoon2012-01-25at12492.jpg

Replies

• catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Cute dress! I had that happen with a dress for a Christmas party. Unfortunately, by the day of the party the dress was too big! It was a problem I was happy to have.
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's great! It looks super cute on you too! My most recent NSV was when a customer who I hadn't seen in probably 3 months came in last week and said "Wow! Have you been losing weight? You look great!" :smile:
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    why yes the jeans I just put on fell down to my ankles, I didnt put a belt on yet. Buttoned up too.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm glad you made your goal, it's such an boost for motivation!
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

One I had was when I bought a bra that was mislabeled. It was a 34 and not a 38. I ran out of bras that day and decided to just suffer through it but I ended up finding out that it fit perfectly! :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Stupid question but, what's NSV stand for?
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ok im slow what does NSV stand for? :0) just saw post above mine glad to know im not the only one!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS thats awesome keep up the amazing work
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

None Scale Victory :smile:
  • Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your dress looks great...

My very first NSV came yesterday at the gym when I was able to do 15 mins on the cross trainer instead of 10. I kind of went over 10 by accident as I wasn't looking at the timer and then I thought to myself 'I wonder if I can make it to 15 mins' and I did!! It was so hard but I kept pushing myself through the additional minutes. Good news because I can now do less on the bike, which I find a bit boring...

Have a great birthday night! :flowerforyou:
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you look great!!! :) yesterday my son said he had to describe everyone in his house... Very scared I asked him what he said about me lol he says it like he sees it... "my mommy is the best, she has brown hair that she's is always dying and she's skinny" ok I'm am sooo not skinny but at least he notices my loss lol So of course he got to stay up a little later and snuggle in my bed watching his shows :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

None Scale Victory :smile:

Thank you.
  • meganelizabetho
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you guys are all such flatterers! Thank you!

Everyone's stories are such encouragements!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you guys are all such flatterers! Thank you!

Everyone's stories are such encouragements!

And yours is now one as well. :)
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    First post here. Hi, y'all.

Started this thing March of last year, wearing waist 40 jeans. I'd bought some 38 slim-fit ones from one of those "deal of the day" sites, mostly by accident. Two months in, was able to wear them. This month they're entirely too big, can't even cinch them up with a belt anymore, so someone at the local thrift store is picking up a gently-used pair of expensive name-brand jeans for next to nothing.

I'm down to 214 from 300. My work ID badge picture is from before all this. Someone here just had to look at it twice to make sure it was me. Win.

Oh, and basically all I'm doing is calorie counting... cut out the sugar and fast food, more fresh fruit/veg, simple stuff like that. Not much in the way of exercise.
  • meganelizabetho
    Options
    New NSV for me:
    As of hopefully this week, I will weigh less than my boy friend :D
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am still not sure I understand the NSV? Maybe I am really slow, but if I do understand it correctly then my dog dropping my pants that I haven't been able to wear in over 15 years the other day, simply by standing on two feet and touching my knee cap cause that is far as she can reach would qualify as an NSV?

Down from 200 give or take 1, now 137 this morning!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am still not sure I understand the NSV? Maybe I am really slow, but if I do understand it correctly then my dog dropping my pants that I haven't been able to wear in over 15 years the other day, simply by standing on two feet and touching my knee cap cause that is far as she can reach would qualify as an NSV?

Most definately! Great job
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Most definately! Great job

:laugh: Thanks! :happy:
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's when you notice that you've lost weight or are healthier through something other than the number on the scale. Any happy instance where you find yourself surprised due to your new size is pretty much a NSV. Sometimes NSVs mean a lot more than the actual weight :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!