Not enough time?

Options
Does anyone else ever feel like there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done that you WANT to? I love working out and how good it makes me feel, but I feel like everything else is just getting shafted. Laundry is piling up, I barely have time to make a decent dinner before I'm rushing out to get to the gym. I got an email today from my son's teacher that she wants to visit, and I couldn't even tell you the last time i actually sat and went through all his stuff to make sure everything was done correctly. i've been kind of counting on my husband to pick up the slack on that, but it appears not to be working that way

How do you all balance it all? How much sleep do I miss and how much do I give up?

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. Between working full time, being a single mom of two kids, trying to workout regularly, and now getting ready to move I feel like stuff is slipping thru the cracks every time I turn around. When I figure out the magical formula I will let you, unless you figure it out first then please share.

Signed,
    So Not Wonder Woman
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think I saw a thing on Dr. Oz where he said giving up sleep is bad especially if you already get less than 7 hours. You don't want to cut sleep or your body won't be functioning at prime levels.

I'm not married with kids, but I think it's time to have a chat about sharing household duties. You work outside the home as well so why do you come home to a second shift? If he can check the homework or throw a load of laundry in when you go to the gym, it would save you stress. I do all my laundry in one day on the weekend but I just have laundry for one. Just do your laundry (and the kids I guess lol) and when hubby runs out of clothes, he will learn to do some laundry. "Sorry, only had time to do mine"