Feeling down and exhausted....

Options
I have a 1-yr old who this week is making it extremely difficult to get the sleep that my body needs in order to continue my health goals. On top of this, we got some devastating news about a family member which causes that much more sadness. The combination of all of this has me feeling like I just want to eat a quick (fast food) meal and go hide in my room and sleep. I have managed to stay on track so far this week even with the exhaustion, but I am very worn out today and lack any type of motivation. I am not willing to give up, but I sure need someone to tell me that what I am feeling is normal and that somehow I will make it through...

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Stay on track and you WILL come out stronger. You're hurting emotionally, but you will hurt physically AND emotionally if you put on weight now. Don't add failure to the sadness in your life!

Hugs!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are feeling so crappy. I have a 6 month old who has yet to sleep through the night and I know all too well how draining it can be! I also go to school full time and I have 2 other kids, life is crazy!! Some things that I like to do is make a double dinner so you have leftovers or can freeze some to have on hand for when you want something quick and just don't feel like prepping anything. Also I buy chicken breasts and use my Forman to grill them all up at one time and then I keep them all in the refrigerator to use for lunches or when I feel hungry. I think having things ready beforehand is the best advise I have. It isn't a lot of extra work to prep some things if you are already cooking anyways. Good Luck with everything!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes it is normal and Yes you WILL make it through! Turn to those you love for support and to support them during these hard times. I bet you have a friend or two that love babies and would be willing to help you out to get a good nights sleep! I know I would do it for a friend. Don't be scared to reach out and don't get down on yourself for feeling this way.
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is alot to deal with in a week... totally normal to want to run to our comfort food and veg out... BUT..........instead, take a walk. Even just a short one just around the block once. It will ALWAYS make you feel better. I promise :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... It's been a very hard day so far.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Everything seems gloomier with lack of sleep.
    Make that a priority.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ya i say nap before walk, then if you have the energy, walk.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! My 17month old hasn't slept properly since before Christmas because of illness and teething!! I also suffer from depression etc and my therapist has told me to workout as a treatment for this! For this reason I keep going and it really does make me feel better! Just keep it up and you will make it through this! It will just take time!! You do need to get more sleep though! If you get the oportunity leave the dishes in the sink and have a nap when little one does!!
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    Hi! Look into your baby's eyes and know that this is a fleeting stage. He or she will go through many stages and there is joy to be had even in the tough times. Rest when you can and keep your chin up. You can do it!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh my can I relate in soo many ways including family issues going on these days. I wish I made a post like this before I left here for a bit. I totally know better said than done. So if you have family or friends or even anyone here that you can talk with. I know I'm not doing it, but try a walk anything to keep yourself going. Good for you for posting!! Keep up the good work!!