How to keep sugar intake down?!

Options
2»

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't think natural sugars are bad. If they're in natural foods (i.e. foods with a single or few ingredients), then I'm not worried about it. Why would I turn down eating blueberries, strawberries, pears, apples, mangoes, etc??
  • serendip58
    serendip58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep...I do more protein, and veggies and my sugars, etc. are all pretty manageable!
    Not easy every day, but I have faith in myself to accomplish my goals~

Always remember to not be so harsh with yourself~
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, nobody got fat from eating spaghetti squash, blueberries and cottage cheese.

They would if they ate enough of it.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hey guys..
    So here's my issue. I'm having NO issue staying under my fat/protein/carbs/sodium for the day.. but I'm have major issues with my sugar intake.
    I eat NO false sugar additives, minus my coffee sweetener..

But, for instance, here's what I ate today:
    Spaggheti squash ( 1 cup ) which is 9
    Blueberries ( 1/2 cup ) 7
    Cottage cheese 2% 1/2 cup ( 5 )

etc.. I just logged ALL my food for the day and I'm only -4 for the day.... so I count that as pretty good... but i'm really frustrated as it counts foods like squash or blueberries as bad sugars.. I eat pretty strict, no wheat breads, all gluten free, all gluten free pastas and buns etc.
    Any ideas on things with no sugar in them?

If you're healthy, no need to limit or worry about sugar, especially those in fruits and dairy. Worry about staying under your carbohydrate goals instead.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As long as you're making a note to not eat sugars that are high GI and will give you a spiking blood sugar... don't worry to much :)
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If i ate a few chocolate bars sending my "bad" sugars over, but still came in under my allotted calories what is the issue with consuming too much sugar anyway?
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the feedback guys...
    I'm removing it from my profile. I eat really well, so I never go over my carbs/protein/sodium or fat levels... just the sugar was a killer, but it's gone!

Now to get this last 10 pounds off!
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I am having issues with sugar too. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am taking it off mine too. I was really worried about it. Then I said, I am not really eating that much sugar. What is going on?
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i had a cup of grapes and it put me over for the day. ugh!
    Yep, I agree it is too low. Two apples and I'm over, seems ridiculous?
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    good to know. my carbs are always fine. i think im gonna remove sugar

Hey guys..
    So here's my issue. I'm having NO issue staying under my fat/protein/carbs/sodium for the day.. but I'm have major issues with my sugar intake.
    I eat NO false sugar additives, minus my coffee sweetener..

But, for instance, here's what I ate today:
    Spaggheti squash ( 1 cup ) which is 9
    Blueberries ( 1/2 cup ) 7
    Cottage cheese 2% 1/2 cup ( 5 )

etc.. I just logged ALL my food for the day and I'm only -4 for the day.... so I count that as pretty good... but i'm really frustrated as it counts foods like squash or blueberries as bad sugars.. I eat pretty strict, no wheat breads, all gluten free, all gluten free pastas and buns etc.
    Any ideas on things with no sugar in them?

If you're healthy, no need to limit or worry about sugar, especially those in fruits and dairy. Worry about staying under your carbohydrate goals instead.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Since watching the video "Sugar the bitter truth" on youtube [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM ] i have made more of an effort to minimise my sugar intake from all sources, i have to say the weight has been shifting really quickly even though i'm so close to target.
  • luviedovie
    Options
    if youre down to the last 10 lbs, why not try going fruitless. Can't hurt!