Recommended Running Shoes (for high arch)

I am looking for a good pair of running shoes. My feet ,knees, ankles have always given me some pain. With recent diet and excercise I feel less pain. Anyone recommend a good running shoe for high arches??
Thanks,
Steve

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Nope - I have no magic wand. If you can go and get properly fitted. It'll make a world of difference.

If you don't have access, look at some of the big shoe companies websites. I vaguely remember one of them asking you like 20 different questions before making suggestions. They were more detailed that I could just readily answer. I cannot recall the company though.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    I suggest also that you go get fitted at a specialty shoe store (for running). I have to do the same thing...coming up. I have Haglund's Deformity on both heels (boney protrussions on the back of my heels which aggrevate the Achilles Tendon), which makes basically my arch/Achilles/ankle/shins/and sometimes knees hurt. I just emailed a store in the Cincinnati area to ask if they could help fit me with shoes that don't rub the back of my foot while walking/running. That would be your best bet.
    Othere than that, my college roommate got a pair of Under Armor running shoes where they actually looked at the way she was standing and how her weight was distributed on her feet (probably similar to that Dr. Scholls machine thing), and then was suggested a certain pair of shoes....they were expensive but she said they were the most comfortable shoes she'd ever had.
    Good luck finding something. =D Speaking of Dr. Scholls...I guess you could get a nicely fitted pair of gym shoes and go to the nearest supermarket that has one of those machines and it will suggest inserts for your shoes specific to how your weight is distributed on your feet...worth a shot. They have a locator option on their website so you can find a store that has one.
  • scooterhaz
    scooterhaz Posts: 31 Member
    Ordered Brooks Glycerin 9, will report on them later