HRM Question

Options
Ok, so this may be a stupid question, but for me it's legit

I just got a Polar FT4 HRM with chest strap. Here's the deal....I can't do plank or wear my boxing gloves with the watch part on my wrist.
So, is it possible to attach the watch part to my sports bra strap so I can still use it during my workouts? If not, does anyone else have any ideas or tricks that they've used?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The boxing gloves I understand but the plank I don't.. I've done numerous planks with my HRM(Polar FT60) and no problems from the watch.

To answer you're question though, yes you can attach the watch somewhere else... it does not have to be around your wrist. As long as the strap is attached, you'll be fine.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    With my Sportline with chest strap it works even if I have it in my pocket. All the HR information comes from the strap, the wrist part is just the receiver and calorie calculator from the information the strap sends.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ya...the wrist isnt the thing...at most clubs now, the machines pick up your beat from your strap...so you dont really need the wrist on your body
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I guess it's not that I can't do a plank with it on...it's just uncomfortable to me...I have fat wrists.

I also wish I had access to a gym with swanky machines like that. However, I'm just from a small town with the nearest gym being over an hour away. So, I make do with the few things I have at my home in the winter and my bike in the summer.

Thanks for the help!