Who has lost over 100 pounds?

Options
Realistically I should lose about 120-150 pounds. Just writing that number down is more than my brain can handle so I put my goal at 90 pounds. From there, I will make a new goal depending on how I feel/look and go from there.

I would really love to hear from people and, if possible, see pictures of those that have lost close to or at least 100 pounds.

Sometimes I can't even begin to imagine how I would look with all that weight lost. I'm also that "friendly" face that everyone feels comfortable talking to and I'm afraid I'll lose that with weight loss...anyone else have "a friendly face" and have lost close to/or at least 100 pounds?

Feel free to add me, I could use the support from those who know what it's like to be morbidly obese and need to lose weight to live and have a somewhat normal life (actual fit in seats, in bathrooms, etc.)

Replies

• busymomof6
    busymomof6 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I had to lose over 100lbs and so far from my highest weight I have lost 110-120lbs and still have at least 65lbs to go. I was at my highest in 2008 and in the spring of 2009 I started losing weight. Then in November when I seperated from my husband the weight was coming off and I wasn't even doing anything. I had dropped 80 lbs by June 2010. Then I got comfortable in a relationship and the weight slowly started to come back on and by the end of summer in 2011 I had gained back 25lbs and started feeling my clothes getting tighter and made the decision to change my lifestyle. The middle of September is when I started on MFP and have lost almost 50lbs since then and have been going strong since. (My highest weight was probably 330-335 and I am down to 210.)
    It can be done just take it one day at a time and you will reach your goal :) Add me if you like!!

P111108001-1.jpg
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've lost 108 in about a year and a half, I have another 25ish to go.

I was up to 280 lbs at one time, I'm heading to 145 lbs.
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    Im 3 lbs away from 100lbs lost. I need to lose about 160 - 170 total pounds. It really can be done. It just takes time. Ive lost 110 lbs before and gained it back and then some. I promise that will never happen again.

Its a long road but take it 50 lbs at a time and I promise you will achieve your goals. Like someone said above, it is really one day at a time. No matter how many times you fall or cheat or dont lose or miss a gym session or your in a bad mood, you gotta keep fighting, keep going, move forward. NEVER move back, even if you gain 5 pounds and a had a terrible 2 weeks. Dont look back, take it on the chin and hop back on. Use MFP, log your calories and stop when your supposed to.

The main thing for me this time is patience. Its taken me a whole year and Im fine with that. You will be so happy in the end. You control your own destiny. Nobody feeds you and puts the fork to your mouth, we do. GOOD LUCK AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    untitled-1.jpg

I've lost about 11lbs since taking that picture.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm no where close to losing a 100 pounds yet, but over 60 on a 115 lb goal. I have made smaller goals along the way and focus on those. It makes it easier. My small goals were to get less then boyfriend (225), get under 200, get under 180 (obese to overweight), get under 150 (overweight to normal), and get to 125lb goal. Right now working toards 150, but the small milestones along the way made it less daunting and gave me time to sit down and take the time to congratulate myself.

No one can really say what your face will look like when you lose a lot of weight. But, I don't think I ever remember seeing before and after thinking the person looked worse. You have beautiful eyes and smile. That will still hold true when you lose weight and your great features will stand out a lot more.

Your "friendly" face probably has more to do with your beautiful smile, so you will still have a very "friendly" face when you lose your weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!