Just venting

Options
My hubby works 5-6 days a week very long hours. so when he is home we have very little time together before he has to go to bed and head back to work. Some days he doesn't even get to come home.:ohwell: We just bought a new Harley and have only been able to go for one ride. Last sunday he went fishing with his brother (whom I CAN NOT STAND):mad: .I wanted to go but I would end up saying something to his brother that would get me in trouble so I stayed at the house with no truck and nothing to do. He just told me we is going to go fishing with him for the next couple sundays to get ready for some up coming fishing tournament. This is not far because sunday is the only day we can really spend together. I want to go with them but his brother irritates the HELL out of me.:explode: He is one of those that drinks WAY too much and gets dumber the more he drinks. :grumble: The only thing that might save me is were we live there is no beer sales on sunday and my hubby is making a rule while they fish no beer.
I hope my MP3 player can go loud enough to drouwned him out.

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My hubby works 5-6 days a week very long hours. so when he is home we have very little time together before he has to go to bed and head back to work. Some days he doesn't even get to come home.:ohwell: We just bought a new Harley and have only been able to go for one ride. Last sunday he went fishing with his brother (whom I CAN NOT STAND):mad: .I wanted to go but I would end up saying something to his brother that would get me in trouble so I stayed at the house with no truck and nothing to do. He just told me we is going to go fishing with him for the next couple sundays to get ready for some up coming fishing tournament. This is not far because sunday is the only day we can really spend together. I want to go with them but his brother irritates the HELL out of me.:explode: He is one of those that drinks WAY too much and gets dumber the more he drinks. :grumble: The only thing that might save me is were we live there is no beer sales on sunday and my hubby is making a rule while they fish no beer.
    I hope my MP3 player can go loud enough to drouwned him out.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! It sucks when there are family members who are irritating. Do you have to go along with your husband? I know it is hard, because I am a homebody if my hubby isn't around, but could you meet a friend, or go do something else other than fishing?

And off topic, but what kind of place do you live in that they do not sell alcohol on sundays? that's craaaayzeeeee! But if it works for keeping the brother sober, then hooray!

I used to live in Reno, I could buy a drink while smoking a cigarette on a sunday while playing a slot machine ( if I was so inclined):laugh:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I did not go last weekend but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO bored. I wan to spen time with my hubby and if trying to deal with his brother is the way to do it then that is what I will have to do. We only have one vehicle that can pull the boat so I can not go anywere if he goes fishing. I do not get enough time with my DH so I will do what I have to in order to get more time with him. Even if it does not thrill me.

We live in central Alabama and they only sell alcohol in certain counties. Wich is not a totally bad thing :wink:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I love the picture of your dog. I have one that looks just the same. She is sleeping under the blankets at this moment. Her name is Loopi.
    I am sure once the weight starts coming off he will be paying more attention to you. Try not to get too angry or he won't want to spend any time with you. I used to have a fisherman husband also. "Used to". I would get very upset. His friend would call him on Sundays and even Easter Sunday and Thanksgiving, to go fishing with him. We are not together anymore. Life is too short.
    You may have to go fishing with them and try to be nice to his brother. or............
  • smadag1
    Options
    Popcorn ( our dog) is peaking out from under my DH blanket. She sleeps with one of us everynight under our blankets. I know right now she is sitting on his pillow looking out the window waiting for us to come home.