30 day shred

Replies

• pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    I think starting a new group sounds good! I don't know when my DVD will come (hasn't shipped yet) but I'm definitely up for it! It will be good motivation!

OH, I forgot to ask--are 4 lb hand weights enough? Thanks!

I used 5lbs, and it was more than enough!! LOL
  • pipinana
    We should start a group or something... Seeing how so many of us are just starting. What do you ladies think?

I think that is a great idea. I should get mine sometime next week. I will let you know. Will we do it on this thread or another one?

IDK, I'm fine w/ continuing this one..... :smile:

Cool, yeah, it will help me to stay motivated also..... You guys have to keep on my @ss though, and I'll do the same to you!!! LOL
  • I'll join too, seeing as so many of you are doing it, the company may encourage me to press on for the full 30 days ! I'll begin on Friday so I'll be a bit behind. HERE WE GO !!!
  • I did this video one time (level 1) and really enjoyed it!!!:happy: I haven't been able to do it again because I injured myself :angry: (unrelated to the video) and now I have to have surgery :grumble: :sad: so I'll be out of commission for about 1 week. But I'll pick it back up when I can. Good luck to everyone!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    I'll join too, seeing as so many of you are doing it, the company may encourage me to press on for the full 30 days ! I'll begin on Friday so I'll be a bit behind. HERE WE GO !!!

yay! :)
  • I just started this workout last night, and I thought I was going to die by the end! I am really sore today, but am looking forward to losing weight and toning my body.
  • MyQuinney
    MyQuinney Posts: 42
    We should start a group or something... Seeing how so many of us are just starting. What do you ladies think?

I think that is a great idea. I should get mine sometime next week. I will let you know. Will we do it on this thread or another one?

IDK, I'm fine w/ continuing this one..... :smile:

Cool, yeah, it will help me to stay motivated also..... You guys have to keep on my @ss though, and I'll do the same to you!!! LOL

Hey! I ordered the dvd and it's supposed to be on its way! I'd love to join in when I get mine and just have other people to keep me going!
  • Ronicka
    Ronicka Posts: 4
    My sister and I started doing this video every day...however, we went against the instructions (lol) and completed the first level a couple of times (about four or so) and moved on to the second, then the third. Now we just pick whatever one we like that day-- and most often, (like today!) we choose # 3 because we get the most out of that workout. =) Your body WILL get used to it, and some sooner than others; that's okay. The only thing that matters is that you are completing the workouts and giving it every ounce of your being. We are now hoping for another video with higher intensity, because our bodies have adapted too well. You girls (and guys) can do it!! The sky is the limit...keep on pushing on!!
  • Ronicka
    While it's good to change things up...just make sure to give yourself at least a day (or two) of rest. Your body needs to play 'catch up' and it cannot do that properly, when the muscles are always at work; your tissues need to repair. Also, switch your workouts up...one day cardiovascular exercise...the next strength training. I wish you the best of luck! God bless.
  • Ronicka
    Ooohhhh, I just ordered this after reading thread after thread about how awesome this video is. I have a class reunion in 9 weeks and COUNTING and I need to drop some pounds pretty fast (think 2 lbs a week fast--not toooo fast, but faster than my body would appreciate!).

I also ordered one of her other newest videos that came out called Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism that also promises awesome results.

I have been working on a couch to 5k program for the last 2.5 weeks and seeing ZIP for results, so I'm hoping this will amp things up. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. I plan to rotate it in at least 3 days a week for the next 8 weeks.

While it's good to change things up...just make sure to give yourself at least a day (or two) of rest. Your body needs to play 'catch up' and it cannot do that properly, when the muscles are always at work; your tissues need to repair. Also, switch your workouts up...one day cardiovascular exercise...the next strength training. I wish you the best of luck! God bless.
  • My husband & I got P90X from a friend and started it but after reading this thread, maybe I'd rather do this! LOL The P90X workouts are over an hour long with warm up & cool down, so a 20 minute workout would be much better for me and my short attention span, I think. I think I read one of you say that this is available at Walmart? Guess I need to go shopping :wink:
  • pipinana
    My husband & I got P90X from a friend and started it but after reading this thread, maybe I'd rather do this! LOL The P90X workouts are over an hour long with warm up & cool down, so a 20 minute workout would be much better for me and my short attention span, I think. I think I read one of you say that this is available at Walmart? Guess I need to go shopping :wink:

I'm not sure about Wally World..... I got mine on Amazon.com for ~ $8 though. Try that if WM doesn't have it.
  • pipinana
    OK, second day down! :smokin: I must admit I was kind of scared to start the work out.... :blushing: I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it since I was still so sore! But once I started, I didn't even think about how sore I was. It was actually not so bad the second time, and I enjoyed it!!! Hopefully Friday will get a little easier too!

How's everyone else doing? :smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    I'm with you, i did it forthe 1st time on Sunday and i could barley walk on Monday, i did it again yeysterday and i am fine today.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    I did my first workout of this yesterday (level 1).

I used soup cans and that was more than enough weight for me with some of the exercises, not quite enough for the others.

As I was doing the workout I was sweating like a fiend, grunting, etc....afterwards I had total jelly arms and legs. I thought "oh man gonna be SORE tomorrow..."

HOWEVER, today I am not really sore... Believe it or not I actually kind of wish I was because then I would know I was building muscle. It is raining like crazy here today so I am not going on my daily 30min walk, going to do a yoga DVD instead, and will try the shred DVD as well.
  • pipinana
    Good for you!! :smile:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    well I did month 1 last week, with good results. Not much weight loss to show bc I gave in to stress the last 2 weeks and ate like a cow! Well probably more like a 17 year old boy but you get the picture.

Anyway- back on track and did my first level 2 workout yesterday. Good golly miss molly I am sore!!!
  • pipinana
    well I did month 1 last week, with good results. Not much weight loss to show bc I gave in to stress the last 2 weeks and ate like a cow! Well probably more like a 17 year old boy but you get the picture.

Anyway- back on track and did my first level 2 workout yesterday. Good golly miss molly I am sore!!!

:smile: Glad you jumped back on the waggon.... Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    how long/ how many days did you do level 1 for before moving on to level 2? and how often do you do the 30 day shred for?
  • Ronicka--Thanks for the concern. I do plan to switch up the 30 Day Shred with some walking and running so I don't overwork the same muscles!

So I got into my workout gear this morning, then grabbed the mail quick and wahoo! my 30 Day Shred had arrived. So I did that instead of my planned exercise.

I did Level One, which the cardio was super easy and the ab work was challenging but not *horrid*. . . however, my poor arms are going to fall off! The last moves, with the side lunges, where you bring the weights up straight in front of you?? I made my DH do that when he got home from work (where he routinely lifts/pulls/pushes 50+ pounds!!) and he had difficultly doing it!!

I think I'll do Level One for about a week and then switch up to Level Two and see how it goes.

Tell ya what though. . .under my belly blubber is a 6-pack waiting to come out! ;) Or at least, it feels that way now. My abs are in pain--feels like my pants are too tight, even though they are actually a touch loose!
This discussion has been closed.