Signs your HRM isn't working correctly??

Options
I've had my Polar FT40 for almost a year. Today I noticed fairly low burns (I did TurboFire HIIT 20 and it gave me 120 burned). I usually burn closer to 10cal/min (~200 for an intense workout). When I glanced at my watch a couple times during hte workout, the reading went from 163->65. Whuck?? Do these things wear out in a year? I haven't used it daily for the entire year...

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    well, after a year of use I had to replace the battery in mine (even though it hadn't died yet) - it was giving me low reading also so I assumed the battery was to blame. I was right! Back to normal after changing the battery- give it a try.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    THis might sound dumb, but where do you get a replacement battery? I bought the "unit" off AMazon.
  • Starlage
    Options
    open the back of it, it should be a typical watch battery you just have to look at the battery to read what size it is then you can get a new one from any drug store or most big stores like fred meyer, target, walmart etc.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I had to replace the battery in my chest strap.
  • Starlage
    Options
    acutally come to think of it mine lasted less than a year- I started here in march 2011 and got my hrm... maybe in april or may? and just changed out the batteries a couple of weeks ago.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!