Zumba at home suggestions

Options
I want to try Zumba at home before the gym. Plus some weeks due to one car right now I can't always make it to the gym. Are there any good zumba videos on nextfllix or youtube? I will by a dvd but trying to look on line first because I get bored easily I would need several dvds. Thanks

Replies

• rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If ou have the WII, rent the game for it. That is what I use. You can also find some videos on YouTube that can help you learn before you go to the gym and look crazy! On youtube you have to look around to find good videos that you can follow and learn from but for starting out they would be good because they are usually only about 5-10 mins long.
  • texastumbleweed1
    Options
    I got the zumba exhilarate, about a week ago. First day made me realize I really cant dance. lol!! But each day gets better and I am enjoying it more and more. Have lost 2lbs, in a week, that also includes eating right.
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    there are tons on Zumba video's on youtube......i do Zumba at home all the time and love it :)
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba exhilirate set also, but i also make 30 min Zumba playlist on youtube just to change up the zumba!!
  • whitneyerin7
    Options
    Here is a playlist of zumba dances on youtube I created. =)
  • findgreatness
    Options
    I made a zumba playlist on youtube! It's fun cause if you like a artist or song you can pick what you want! :) SO many vids on youtube!
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    The fact there are so many is overwhelming. i am hoping someone has a good beginner one to suggest
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba on my PS3 and LOVE it!! You have to have the camera and Playstation Move control to wear in the belt for the game to monitor your movements. I love the fact that I can dance like a fool at home instead of at the gym :smile: I've had it for two weeks and I'm already doing the intermediate workouts. You catch on quick!
  • sweeteulalia
    sweeteulalia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba Exhilarate for my birthday. I asked for that set because it has a very good DVD just goes through the steps of all the dance moves. That way you can practice the moves and get them down before incorporating them into the faster work-outs. I also like that it gives you the option to watch the trainers from the front or the back while learning the steps.

I, too, have learned that I am terrible at dance. I had to tell myself that I needed to just slow down and learn the moves first before I moved on. I may be using that disc for a while before I move on to actual workouts. For me, the steps aren't necessarily hard but being out of shape really hinders me in terms of speed and coordination. My gym offers classes, but I'm glad I'm getting to know the choreography at home first. You do kind of need a good bit of room, though. I definitely had to move my coffee table and couch a bit.

If you want to actually invest in the at-home workout, I would definitely suggest the Exhilarate set. I found it to be cheapest for me on Amazon. YouTube sounds like a great option if you don't want to spend money.

Hope that helps!
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    I found the Zumba Wii games were a great beginners tool. I used those for a couple weeks before I tried an actual class.
  • Jljones2787
    Options
    bump :-)
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    bump for youtub later
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I found the Zumba Wii games were a great beginners tool. I used those for a couple weeks before I tried an actual class.

Good to know. I just bought it.
  • Keto1on1
    Keto1on1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I GO ON YOUTUBE AND GO DOWN THE LINE THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD ONES ON THERE. CHECK OUT YOU TUBE AND MAKE YOU A PLAYLIST OF ABOUT 10 THATS A WORKOUT!