Timeshare

Options
Anyone here own one? I'm looking to exchange a week in interval, what are the best Orlando area resorts?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I own one. Used to work in the industry.

I can't say which resort would be the best. There are lot's of online resources that have recent reviews and lists of amenities that might appeal to you. A resort can go from good to bad fast, so it is worth paying attention to the most recent ratings/reviews.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I own one. Used to work in the industry.

I can't say which resort would be the best. There are lot's of online resources that have recent reviews and lists of amenities that might appeal to you. A resort can go from good to bad fast, so it is worth paying attention to the most recent ratings/reviews.

I've heard good things about the Marriott resorts in Orlando - I've traded out for other areas in the past and have had mostly good experiences. Wanted to take my kids to Disneyworld this summer - just wondering if anyone on the board has had a good experience with a specific Orlando resort.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    I own 2 - one Disney and the other in II. The new Sheraton is nice. Which Marriott are you talking about? Also - what are you looking for in a resort? kids, no kids, pools, spa? All usually focus on 1 or 2 things. I have 4 kids so I know a fair amount about the ones for kids. We go to Orlando every year.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I own 2 - one Disney and the other in II. The new Sheraton is nice. Which Marriott are you talking about? Also - what are you looking for in a resort? kids, no kids, pools, spa? All usually focus on 1 or 2 things. I have 4 kids so I know a fair amount about the ones for kids. We go to Orlando every year.

I'm looking for somewhere that is enjoyable for both kids and adults, since Disney doesn't exchange in interval I can't do their resorts. I don't remember which exact Marriott is was, what is the name of the new Sheraton?
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Just re-read your post. Try to get on property if you can. It's the best way to do Disney (I'm kind of a Disney freak). If not stay close by bc the kids are bushed at the end of the day. My brother owns at the Sheraton - the one with 7 pools and loves it. We're at the Liki Tiki this year :( and focusing on Universal and only going to WDW 1 or 2 days.

The Liki is fine but not really nice like the Marriott or the Sheraton, but it was open and we've been there before so we know the resort. Most are nice like you said - though I have heard not so great things about the Nick hotel (but that's not TS anyway).

Good luck - If you want any advice on WDW I'm happy to "chat" - we've been there 13 times in the last 10 years.:blushing: