Body Brushing

Options
I just bought a body brush today as my friend told me it changed her life, does anyone else do it?
i'd loooooove to get rid of some of the cellulite on my legs!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, it doesn't get rid of it, just sort of masks it temporarily.

"One proposed treatment for cellulite is to use a dry body brush. The idea is to scrub the thighs and buttocks vigorously with the brush to promote nutrients and remove toxins from the skin. Even if the treatment could achieve that goal, the underlying problem is that cellulite is not caused by a buildup of toxins. It's also not the product of a lack of nutrients.

What dry brushing may do is promote the tissue to swell, which could hide the uneven dimpling effect of cellulite. While the underlying cause of cellulite remains unaffected, the temporary swelling may help the brusher achieve the appearance of smooth skin -- at least for a short time, anyway."

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/problems/beauty/body-brush-cellulite.htm
  • goodhealth2012
    Options
    I'm a beauty therapist and we use body brushing to help encourage blood circulation to the area, help to flush the cells in the area of toxins (brush towards lymph nodes) and also for a great exfoliation. Whether it gets rid of cellulite or not is a matter of debate, but it's certainly great for other things so I say GO FOR IT!