Snack attack

Options
I don't know if this will help anyone but it's worked for me.
I'm a snackinator around 4pm... But I usually don't have a lot of calories that I can put toward it. So I figured a way to have pretty low cal snacks but with high impact on hunger. Here's what I do:
I make homemade salsa (HOT). I love making it and it's obscenely low in calories. A cup is about 70 cals. I eat it with celery or cucumbers. If I can afford the cals in a given day, I'll have it with a few tortilla rounds. Either way, the heat is crazy and I drink tons of water to cool the burn. Then I'm not so hungry anymore...

Replies

• AndreaMMil
    Options
    I don't know if this will help anyone but it's worked for me.
    I'm a snackinator around 4pm... But I usually don't have a lot of calories that I can put toward it. So I figured a way to have pretty low cal snacks but with high impact on hunger. Here's what I do:
    I make homemade salsa (HOT). I love making it and it's obscenely low in calories. A cup is about 70 cals. I eat it with celery or cucumbers. If I can afford the cals in a given day, I'll have it with a few tortilla rounds. Either way, the heat is crazy and I drink tons of water to cool the burn. Then I'm not so hungry anymore...
  • mildrede40
    Options
    What kind of sncks do you crave?
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Now there is a diet tip I never thought of. Burn off all your taste buds so you are not hungry.
    Or afraid to eat! ROFLMAO!!
    That is so strange it just might WORK!
    But seriously. Peppers are great for increased metabolism. (Sorry for spelling there.)
    Tomatoes are high in fiber, and anti oxidents to help fight all kinds of baddies from body invasion amoung which include cancer.
    So eat that salsa girlfriend it is VERY GOOD FOR YOU!
    --Diann...
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Chips it is always the darn chips.....:devil:

dd
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love salsa. You also buy whole wheat tortillas and cut them into triangles and sprinkle spices or flavourings and pop them in the oven or toaster oven for a couple of minuts and you got some crunchy 'chips'
  • mildrede40
    Options
    10 Snacks Under 100 Calories

For a crunchy and sweet snack, what could be better than cripsy, crumbly graham crackers? Two sheets of this classic treat have exactly 100 calories.

Easy to grab on the go, Jell-O Fat-Free Pudding Snacks come in delicious flavors like chocolate, tapioca, devil's food, and chocolate/vanilla swirl. Light on calories -- coming in at just 100 -- these pudding cup cuties are full of flavor.

Creamy and delicious, frozen yogurt is a perfect treat any time of the year. Just three ounces of a fat-free brand will only set you back 100 calories.

There's nothing like beautiful, fresh, ripe cherries to brighten up your palate. A cup of this antioxidant-rich fruit has only 95 calories.

Eggs used to get a bad rap, but now they're back in good favor because they are such a good source of iron and protein. One medium hard-boiled egg delivers a host of essential vitamins and just 81 calories.

Crunchy almonds make a filling, protein-packed snack. While we don't suggest overindulging, 10 raw almonds roughly equals a diet-friendly 100 calories. Can't find them raw? Roasted, without salt, only adds a few more calories.

Three cups of air-popped popcorn weigh in at just 93 calories and give you nearly 15 percent of your daily requirement of fiber -- making it the perfect snack to fill you up, not out.

For a decadent and visually delightful treat, top raw, sliced fruit with Cool Whip Lite. A half cup of fresh strawberries paired with four tablespoons of the light whipped topping equals a measly 90 calories.

All of these are a 100 calorie:

1/2 cup of sugar-free gelatin, any flavor, and two Tablespoons of low-fat Cool Whip.

15 chocolate-covered raisins.

Stir 2 teaspoons of Hershey's chocolate syrup into a cup of coffee for Café Mocha.

Tea - Russian style: Stir in 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam.

1/4 cup of fat-free Ranch dressing and 1 cup of mixed fresh veggies such as jicama, red bell pepper, celery, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes.

6 saltine crackers and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

1/2 cup of fat free ice cream.

A luscious parfait: 1/2 c. of low-fat pudding layered into a parfait glass alternating with two crumbled vanilla wafers and a dollop of Cool Whip gracing the top.

A wonderfully filling half sandwich made of 1 slice reduced-calorie bread, a thin layer of mustard, 2 teaspoons of apple sauce and 1 slice of deli-style thin-sliced turkey. Add lettuce and voila!

Try another sandwich idea: 1 slice of reduced-calorie bread, 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 Tablespoon of fat-free raspberry vinegarette dressing.

Over a small baked potato, spoon 1/2 cup of salsa and 2 Tablespoons of non-fat sour cream.

I really like this one: one rice cake thinly spread with fat-free sour cream and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese.

Place a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and microwave until gooey. Drizzle with a teaspoon of Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Cut half an apple into slices and spread with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 piece of toast cut into four sticks for dunking.

Freeze 1/2 cup of orange juice and eat with a spoon. Nice little sorbet!

2 graham cracker squares each spread with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

8 oz. low-fat yogurt or a small container of low-fat pudding.

slice of reduced calorie bread spread with 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 2 Tablespoons of applesauce and sprinkled with cinnamon. Especially good warmed in the microwave.

a cup of coffee and a small biscotti.

Experiment with flavors and you'll be amazed with the combinations you can come up with totaling under 100 calories. Some are very ordinary but it's the ordinary things that can make you feel deprived when you think you can't have them. So go ahead and indulge -- you're doing fine.
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My weakness in Ketchup chips and chocolate covered caramels. In fact, I am snacking on that right now. Yes, I am ashamed! :mad: :sad: If I eat it all it will be 630 cals. I hope I can just put it away before I finish. I let y'all know if I can. :
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    These are great! Thanks!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    My weakness in Ketchup chips and chocolate covered caramels. In fact, I am snacking on that right now. Yes, I am ashamed! :mad: :sad: If I eat it all it will be 630 cals. I hope I can just put it away before I finish. I let y'all know if I can. :

STEP AWAY FROM THE CARAMELS!! I REPEAT, STEP AWAY FROM THE CARAMELS!!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nope, couldn't do it. put the chips away but not the chocolate. Now I am going to have to walk for an extra 1/2 hr. Ahh, thats not so bad really. :grumble: