Problems with my digital scale

Options
So I have a digital scale that I use. I really like it but I have a problem lately. I can get on it and get a weight. I then say that is pretty low let me double check it. I step back on and get another number. I can do this 6 times in a row the same way and get 6 different numbers. I have replaced the battery. Any suggestions?

Replies

• rollycollysmama
    Options
    a new scale?
  • gfbrummer
    gfbrummer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know its probably in the wrong forum too.
  • joey3574
    Options
    Are you placing it on a hard level surface? I'd say if so, you need a new scale :(
  • hagamivida
    Options
    Flat surface? New scale? Found out Monday mine is off by 15 pounds.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I bought a new digital scale last year too...have a similar problem but I still have our old scale too to somewhat verify. If you've got new batteries in then I would make sure your feet are placed in the same place each time you weigh. Does this scale measure your bone density & BMI aas well?

Mine said I was 10 pounds lighter (don't I wish it were that easy) but when I changed the batteries it was ok...are you sure the batteries you put in were any good?
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How wildly does it vary?

I have had this happen on my health o meter, it would be off by about 2lbs after trying it several times. What worked for me was, I would wait a while, come back and try it again 3 times and get consistent results again. If I was desperate, try averaging the numbers.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would make sure it us on a flat surface, and that you are stepping on it at the same place everytime.

I know if I lean a certain way the scale will read differently. When I get on mine it is in the same place on the floor, the same time of day, and the same type of clothing.
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Also, it depends on your stance sometimes. If you are touching a wall, or standing on one side unevenly. That sometimes can produce inconsistent results.
  • latinahada
    Options
    I don't know since you changed the batteries...BUT I had that problem with my Healthometer scales so I bought new ones about 3 months ago, they are the Biggest Loser scales & I LOVE them. Very consistent.
  • gfbrummer
    gfbrummer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As for flat level surface I actually am a little OCD on this. It is in my bathroom and I place it on the same level tile every time. I make sure i step on it the same way every time as well. I have had it for over 6 months now. As for the variance, today i stepped on I should be somewhere around 284. I got a range from 271-286. It's weird. I have an old manual scale that the display spins around. Problem is I can read it from 6 feet up. I guess I need a new digital scale. Thanks for the replies.