JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!!!

Options
Ok so I have been working out for what.....about a month now. Cardio about 3-5 times a week and lifting about 1- 2 times a week. Also doing sit ups everyday.
For the last month I have seen my arms get tone and my legs get thinner and my tummy get flatter. I havent although seen more then 3 lbs come off.
Im trying not to let myself get to upset but COME ON ALREADY!!!! I know its not going to fall off that fast but 3lbs in 4 weeks seems like somethings wrong.
Im not lifting heavy weights just trying to tone and my trainer is aware of that.
I watch what I eat. NO pop or candy, I eat a lot of fruit and good things for me.
Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts or questions to help me figure this out?
The last few days I feel like I have gained 10 lbs instead of the 3 lbs dropped.
:frown: :huh: :grumble:

Please Help!!!!

Replies

• Huyvee999
    Huyvee999 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have been working out for what.....about a month now. Cardio about 3-5 times a week and lifting about 1- 2 times a week. Also doing sit ups everyday.
    For the last month I have seen my arms get tone and my legs get thinner and my tummy get flatter. I havent although seen more then 3 lbs come off.
    Im trying not to let myself get to upset but COME ON ALREADY!!!! I know its not going to fall off that fast but 3lbs in 4 weeks seems like somethings wrong.
    Im not lifting heavy weights just trying to tone and my trainer is aware of that.
    I watch what I eat. NO pop or candy, I eat a lot of fruit and good things for me.
    Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts or questions to help me figure this out?
    The last few days I feel like I have gained 10 lbs instead of the 3 lbs dropped.
    :frown: :huh: :grumble:

Please Help!!!!
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    ughh i know how u feel. i lost 14 lbs since january and still havent dropped a size. its really frustrating but at least your seeing the numbers go down and not up. maybe you could see if there's some medical issue that's making it harder. you should also try measuring youself because im sure you probably lost some inches and maybe that will make you feel better. good luck :smile:
  • Huyvee999
    Options
    ughh i know how u feel. i lost 14 lbs since january and still havent dropped a size. its really frustrating but at least your seeing the numbers go down and not up. maybe you could see if there's some medical issue that's making it harder. you should also try measuring youself because im sure you probably lost some inches and maybe that will make you feel better. good luck :smile:

Yeah I thought maybe I have a thyroid problem both my mom and brother do but I had my blood drawn last Oct and also at the beginning of this month and everything came back good.
    So Yeah I went that route already and nothing.
    Thanks though!!!:flowerforyou:
    Good luck with your weight lose.
  • velezdina
    velezdina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping a food diary? look at how many calories you consume versus how many you are burning. When you have a deficit of 3,500 you loose 1 pound.
    I am sticking to the match and I am seeing results. Also, I am trying to stay away from weights for now, instead I do cardio and drills. I use the stairs (instead of elevators) everywhere I go.

Don't give up, you are doing everything right. Good luck!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A lot of good fruit could equal a lot of calories. Check the intensity of your cardio and log everything you put in your mouth!
  • Huyvee999
    Options
    Are you keeping a food diary? look at how many calories you consume versus how many you are burning. When you have a deficit of 3,500 you loose 1 pound.
    I am sticking to the match and I am seeing results. Also, I am trying to stay away from weights for now, instead I do cardio and drills. I use the stairs (instead of elevators) everywhere I go.

Don't give up, you are doing everything right. Good luck!

yes i have my food Diary I log everyday. I may slack a little on the weekends by not entering everything but know im not going way over my calories.
    So I went through from March first and got some days that show the calories I ate on the left and the calories MFP says I lost when adding in the exercise.
    1683-427
    1676-335
    1822-870
    1472-870
    3231-569
    1582-200
    1644-590
    2020-734
    1584-512
    1967-845
    1284-282
    1817-502
    1625-452
    1529-596
    2104-873
    1384-538
    So I guess Im not understanding what deficit your tlaking about sorry. Can you advise.
    Im so lost and getting confused.
    Also the weights arent heavy at all and only once or 2 times a week and I do cardio every other day. I also take the stairs everywhere I go as well. Its nice we are on the third floor at work as well.
    please help
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    So your body is getting slimmer and more toned....your seeing visible physical benefits.....and this is a problem? Don't worry about the number on the scale. It doesn't mean as much as being fit and toned. Not like anyone can tell that number by looking at you. Yout working hard and it sounds like its paying off. Stick with it
  • Huyvee999
    Options
    So your body is getting slimmer and more toned....your seeing visible physical benefits.....and this is a problem? Don't worry about the number on the scale. It doesn't mean as much as being fit and toned. Not like anyone can tell that number by looking at you. Yout working hard and it sounds like its paying off. Stick with it

Thank you much this helps. Makes sense. But then again IM a chick and being 163 isnt the number I want to be proud of. maybe ill get used to it if I keep at it like you said.
    Im just new to all the counting calories eating good and Im hopeing im doing it right.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Thank you much this helps. Makes sense. But then again IM a chick and being 163 isnt the number I want to be proud of. maybe ill get used to it if I keep at it like you said.
    Im just new to all the counting calories eating good and Im hopeing im doing it right.

Just remember that you want to live a healthy lifestyle and that is something that should never
    .the time will pass either way so even if you lost 5 pounds in the next year. Its still better than the year passing without any change. Like I said...if your healthy and happy that's what really counts. Be proud of yourself more pounds
    Will come in time.
  • Huyvee999
    Options

Just remember that you want to live a healthy lifestyle and that is something that should never
    .the time will pass either way so even if you lost 5 pounds in the next year. Its still better than the year passing without any change. Like I said...if your healthy and happy that's what really counts. Be proud of yourself more pounds
    Will come in time.

THANK YOU SPYGUY!!!

Well put well put!!!!:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that muscle is more dense than fat. When you tone up the fat goes away and the muscle mass builds. This could be the reason why you have "only lost 3 pounds".
    Also, the number 163 is nothing to be ashamed of either. A few years back when I had a regular workout routine, was eating right, was in great shape....the whole nine yards...I weighed 170. One never could have guess it by looking at me, but I did. I didn't believe it, either....I even bought a new scale to be sure!
    Anywho, everyone's "story" is different. So many things play a part in your weight/weight loss. Your height, bone density and even hereditary stuff....just keep doing what works for you and makes you feel good.
    Above all remember that you are on the right path and doing well :bigsmile: