30 Day Shred Beginning 1/29/12!

Options
I have both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 of JM's. I've never made it past week three.

...Ever. Doing anything.

At week three, I get frustrated because the scale hasn't moved and I don't SEE results. I hit a wall and give up. I don't want to do that anymore.

I'm trying it again !!

Would anyone like to start with me and use this to check in with each other? I am planning on doing it a little longer than 30 days because I believe in allowing yourself a day of rest each week. So it will be more like a 34ish day challenge =-P

Edited to add: I plan on doing 30 mins of extra cardio 3 days a week to boost the results.

Replies

• MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...NO takers? :(
  • BrenChick
    Options
    I just started today!!!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I will! I bought it but have to get a new DVD player so that will be perfect timing. And I will take off 1 day a week and do the extra cardio too :) How heavy of weights are you going to use? I am going to use 5LBS because I am kind of a weakling. Haha.
  • swartzrn
    Options
    So what is the 30 day shred? Is there is a special exercise regimen?
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!
  • candace34
    candace34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will do it too...I got the dvd sitting on my dresser..may as well start getting some use out of it :) I have 5 lbs weights as well
  • carrie1013
    Options
    Count me in, I'd love to :)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I just bought Shred-It with Weights...but no one seems to be doing that. I guess I should have gotten 30 Day Shred haha
  • MegRuthie
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michael's DVD with 3 levels--you do each for 10 days.

I think I'll start out with 3lb weights because there seemed to be a lot of reps if I remember right. Once I feel like its not enough, I'll step up to 5. I am famous for my lack of upperbody strength!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    i am picking mine up from the library tomorrow. I'll join!
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    ...NO takers? :(

I have a group that starts 2/1! feel free to join
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I made it to level 3 of 30DS, but had to stop when the holidays arrived, due to not having space anymore to do it. :tongue: I've been wanting to restart it so I can move on to Shred and Shed...so count me in! :flowerforyou:
  • nmg8
    nmg8 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • EgyptianEgyptian
    Options
    Count me in!
  • MegRuthie
    Options
    Oh I feel so much better..my post looked so sad and lonely there for awhile.

The first 3 days are the hardest...but make sure you power through the soreness and keep it up!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Count me in! So, how does the 30-day cycle work? Are we doing each level for ten days?
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I want in on this :)

I have 30DS and Shred it with weights. I might alternate the two.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm way excited! :D
  • MegRuthie
    Options
    I usually do each level for 10 days to make sure I get the full 30. I will be taking a rest day each week, though. So like I said at the top--it'll be 34ish days :tongue:
  • lilajp
    lilajp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might want to start with 3lb weights. I did one day with 5lb ones and could barely move for 4 days. When i recovered I started doing it with the 3 pound ones and haven' had any problems. I find that I hurt just the right amount.