Looking for support buddies

Options
Hi Im a 33 yr old mother of 7 yes 7 kids! lol I would like to lose 80 lbs, but its hard because I'm always so busy I find it hard to find time to exercise and eat right I make a lot of casseroles and large meals I'm also into baking and do a lot of snacking. But I need to lose this weight so that I can keep up with my kids I want to be a fun active mother. I would love to find a support buddy.

Replies

• annabradney
    Options
    It's going to be hard, just keep eating right and exercising. A wise man once told me, small portions....When the kids go to bed do some crunches, or a few push ups..... or a wall sit, for a minute. It starts to work the "tummy" area. Just keep your head up and keep working at it. you'll eventually start loosing it, it does take time though. I've lost almost a near 24 pounds, from May to now. Granted, I am only a young girl still and have no children....... You'll eventually get it lost.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Thanks so much for the incouragement, congrats on the weight loss!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a busy working mom of 3 trying to lose 60 pounds. I've found some great 20 minute workouts that I do while my kids are all around me. I have the oldest help keep an eye on the youngest as part of his chores - he likes earning an allowance and I get 20 minutes to get some activity in. It is so hard when you have to feed everyone as fattening dishes are cheap, easy to make and the kids love them! I've been making little changes - like using reduced fat ingredients and doubling up on veggies. Slowly but surely I've lost 12 pounds. I finally starting to get some energy to keep up with these busy kids!
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Having 7 kids is a job on its own!! I'm 32 mom of 1 this is a great place to get where to want to be. I will add you as a friend and we can support each other on this journey. :wink:
  • CanadianMami
    Options
    I've to been trying to lose 56 lbs! As my first goal. I have 2 kids, and i too make to much food all the time. I end up over eating all the time. I did start this last year but quit i lost i think 22 lbs? in 1.5 months. im hoping i will stick to it this time, because i have gained all the weight back.

Ii want to get back into shape because of health conditions! Im getting to big! :/
  • jerrysteck
    jerrysteck Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel like , as a guy, I'm crashing a discussion. I just started this a week ago and have high hopes I can loose about 40 pounds. My reasons are simple. I want improved health and most of all I want to fit into all the clothes in my closet. I can use all the help I can get. So I wish us all good work and much success!
  • hamlin2
    hamlin2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When my kids were little I used to keep a set of dumbells on the kitchen counter. I would also use them for resistance training until they got too big. Now they are 5'5" and 5'11" . If I had stuck with it I would be in awesome shape!!!
  • Courtney24107
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
    I'm full of support!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    41 year old mom with 3 teens still at home. Add me and we will encourage each other.
  • Catlyngal
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! My niece invited me... I've lost 20 lbs in the last year. I have 75 lbs to go. Add me too! :happy: :happy:
  • AzizaBell
    Options
    I'd love to be a support buddy. Several of my online friends aren't still posting here so I am looking for some new supports. I have been a member for over a year. I;'ve lost 29 pounds and have about 10 more to go. I find this site to be very useful as far as tracking calories and exercise and receiving encouragement. i hope you have the same experience!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I love to encourage - I can be a real fireball of energy, lol. And with some little ones at home as well, it can be tough sometimes. You CAN do it!!
  • jerrysteck
    jerrysteck Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a support buddy. I have lost 27 pounds since January and have another 25 or so to go.