46 and frustrated!

Options
I'm new to MFP; AND to blogging! I have been doing the food diary since March 1; knew I needed to actually write down what goes into me every day. I worked my butt off for 4+ months last year while my husband was deployed and was able to take off 7-8 pounds and multiple inches - I actually liked how I looked in a swimsuit! Of course, as soon as he came home the pounds crept back quickly, and contined to pack on! :-( NOT COOL!!! :sad:
I'm a Curves member (2+years) and have been really diligent about working out 3 times a week, plus added 2-4 mile walk several times a week. I'm eating under 1400 calories most days, but he weight (and inches) aren't going anywhere - I am SOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! :explode: :grumble:

Replies

• mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    I'm new to MFP; AND to blogging! I have been doing the food diary since March 1; knew I needed to actually write down what goes into me every day. I worked my butt off for 4+ months last year while my husband was deployed and was able to take off 7-8 pounds and multiple inches - I actually liked how I looked in a swimsuit! Of course, as soon as he came home the pounds crept back quickly, and contined to pack on! :-( NOT COOL!!! :sad:
    I'm a Curves member (2+years) and have been really diligent about working out 3 times a week, plus added 2-4 mile walk several times a week. I'm eating under 1400 calories most days, but he weight (and inches) aren't going anywhere - I am SOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! :explode: :grumble:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been working so hard to lose weight since January and I've struggled to get my weight off so far. Now, the scale is not moving at all.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My husband travels a lot for work and I find it's much harder to lose weight with him home. We just tend to eat and drink more when he's here.

Just keep at it. It'll come off.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Has your body and your metabolism gotten adjusted to your Curves work-out? Can you intensify it? That's what I'd do.
  • missapril82
    Options
    Is under 1400 calories recommended to you based on your activity level? It's possible you aren't eating enough calories and that can prevent weight loss.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    I've been doing Curves for 2+ years, and the Smart Workout since August. It automatically makes you work harder based on your last 10 workouts, so I know I'm putting in good effort. I never realized how eating LESS could make you retain weight instead of losing! So, need to re-think how much good calories I eat, and cut back on the bad calories, right?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: