Fluff??

Options
So while trolling around some pictures of people's favorite dessert I couldn't help but notice how delicious this "fluff" stuff looks! To my surprise was that it seemed to be really low cal for a lot of it! I've manage to figure out that it's made with protein powder, but my concern is that protein powder is really expensive (I think?) and I'm not exactly looking to bulk up... so would making this fluff stuff be pointless for me?

However, if it doesn't really matter, and I end up affording it somehow, what is the tastiest fluff to make?

Replies

• stephanielindley422
    Options
    I'm not sure what fluff is, but protein powder can be inexpensive...I spend 14 bucks for a huge container at walmart. And protein powder alone will not bulk you up. You have to lift heavy for that, and even then, it's damn near impossible for women to "bulk" with drugs.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    99% of people do not require protein powder they get enough protein from their diet...save your money.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    99% of people do not require protein powder they get enough protein from their diet...save your money.

Seconding this.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I was getting a good 100 grams a day before I started with the protein shakes.
    However, my quick 80 calorie protein shake in the morning really helps make cravings are more manageable for the rest of the day. It helps with my workouts as well--my endurance and recovery have definitely improved. I think it's worth the extra money!
    I doubt I will ever try "fluff" though because it is too calorie dense. Also, over blending and heating up protein powder de-natures it.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    "Not exactly looking to bulk up" made me smile. Protein is the BEST macronutrient for losing weight, in the sense that is the lowest calorie when you consider the thermal effect of food. It just also happens to be good at repairing muscle - which only make you bulky if you life HEAVY weights, and are MALE. I am lifting heavy *kitten* weights routinely and eating triple the protein most dieters do, and I have only gotten slimmer. having muscle is really good for you and will only make you bulky and manly if you take steroids.

Edit: also, protein powder is literally JUST PROTEIN. :) it is milk protein usually, depends on the type you buy, but it is no different than getting your protein from meat or dairy sources. It's just an easy to do it, especially for people who endeavor to eat a lot of protein every day.
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I got my recipe from weight watchers and it doesn't use protein powder. You mix 1 container of light whip cream, a small box of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, and one can of pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling. I use cinnamon, nutmeg, and splenda to taste. Super easy, low cal and it taste like holiday heaven! Hope you enjoy!
  • chicklidell
    Options
    "Not exactly looking to bulk up" made me smile. Protein is the BEST macronutrient for losing weight, in the sense that is the lowest calorie when you consider the thermal effect of food. It just also happens to be good at repairing muscle - which only make you bulky if you life HEAVY weights, and are MALE. I am lifting heavy *kitten* weights routinely and eating triple the protein most dieters do, and I have only gotten slimmer. having muscle is really good for you and will only make you bulky and manly if you take steroids.

Edit: also, protein powder is literally JUST PROTEIN. :) it is milk protein usually, depends on the type you buy, but it is no different than getting your protein from meat or dairy sources. It's just an easy to do it, especially for people who endeavor to eat a lot of protein every day.

SAY WHAT?? :noway: it is very different then getting protein from actual food sources.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options

SAY WHAT?? :noway: it is very different then getting protein from actual food sources.

From what I've read, not really. While it may be optimized for absorption and have artificial sweeteners, at the end of the day it is protein that will not magically make you bulky and strong, just like eating a chicken breast or drinking milk. It is a streamlined way to get lots of protein into your diet.

I'm not saying you should get ALL your protein from powder... I am saying that there is nothing magical about the substance.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I agree, my protein powder is whey protein (from milk). You won't get bulky unless you are male or taking illegal drugs. I agree that is will make you slimmer not bulky!