Whoa. Careful. Diet + Drinking

Replies

• nesstle
    nesstle Posts: 62
    Not alone, sister!!! :) I can take about 3 sips of wine, and I feel a relaxing feeling in my legs, my face gets hot, and I get a heat rash on my chest. Yeah, I can't hide drinking :) LOL

Sounds like me!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Nope. But thats probably because i've still been drinking frequently throughout my diet haha. What can I say, i'm young! Hardcore boozing is a must.
  • Not alone, sister!!! :) I can take about 3 sips of wine, and I feel a relaxing feeling in my legs, my face gets hot, and I get a heat rash on my chest. Yeah, I can't hide drinking :) LOL

Bahahahaha! I am all too familiar with that "hot" feeling!!

OMG I SWEAT!!! Like, "dont even bother doing your hair because it's going to look like you ran 15 minutes on the elliptical when you're at the bar" kind of sweat! LOL!!!

Ahhhhhhahahaha! Seriously, I'm that girl too!! When I'm out at the bar, people don't talk to me because I'm cute, they talk to me because they want to know who I just fought with in the parking lot!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Yes to the lowered tolerance! I was a good drinker, I could hold my own...as long as I wasn't mixing. At my Christmas party I was getting all "oops, just knocked a cup over" clumsy after one martini. It was embarrassing! I get the warm "I just drank tequila" ears after one margarita instead of two nowadays.

I haven't been to Vegas since losing the weight, so it should be interesting to see if I can hang anymore, especially since my go-to Vegas drink is vodka Redbull!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Yeah I'm a total lightweight now...it kind of sucks but it makes for a good time I guess?! Haha
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Not alone, sister!!! :) I can take about 3 sips of wine, and I feel a relaxing feeling in my legs, my face gets hot, and I get a heat rash on my chest. Yeah, I can't hide drinking :) LOL

Bahahahaha! I am all too familiar with that "hot" feeling!!

i thought it was just me lol
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    I've always been like that. One drink and I'm crawling under the table with them. Wait, what?
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    I am just looking for my like button on ALL of your comments. :laugh:

And yeah, got my butt kicked last weekend. I'm used to holding my own.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    I only let myself drink on weekends during this diet journey because of all the calories in the drinks, but it certainly does take less.

What I hate though - the Monday/Tuesday bloat water weight gain from the alcohol. It takes me till almost Wednesday to get rid of it all. :frown:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    I guess I'm the minority. Because of all the water I drink during the day, I can still handle my liquor all the same. :blushing:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    I used to be able to drink a whole bottle of wine, and now I'm pretty buzzed after only a glass.

Part of that is not only from weight loss but also because I used to drink wine at least 4 nights a week, and now I only drink it on special occasions.. i.e less than once a month.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Oh god, I never even thought about that.
    I'm not ready to drink for quite sometime, but at least I know what to expect!
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Just warning you. if your a vodka drinker it can slow your metabolism by up to like 60%.

Not sure if you knew that or not.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    I only let myself drink on weekends during this diet journey because of all the calories in the drinks, but it certainly does take less.

What I hate though - the Monday/Tuesday bloat water weight gain from the alcohol. It takes me till almost Wednesday to get rid of it all. :frown:

Oh god...beer bloat is the worst!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    I almost didn't have a good time at the bar last Saturday.....

it was my first time going drinking in a WHILE (maybe 4 months), and all day, I was thirsty, so I had drank my water, like a good girl. By the time I got to the bar, I had about 10 glasses of water down.

First drink in: I had to pee. And pee I did.

I was going to the bathroom about once an hour. I broke the seal too early!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To make matters worse.... the bar had only a one-seater :( And no toilet paper. Thank God for paper towels....
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Am I the only one who notices it depends on what I do that day?

Regardless of what I eat, if it's a long run day for me one martini and I'm down for the count. Lifting or rest days, not so much.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i'm more like half a drink and gone!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Just warning you. if your a vodka drinker it can slow your metabolism by up to like 60%.

huh? :huh:
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member

huh? :huh:

Which means drinking vodka makes it harder to burn calories. it also means when you eat your food wont digest the same and you could actually gain weight while drinking. becuase its like your not working out at all.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Yeah, I can no longer live up to the lush I used to be. One or two drinks and I'm stupid.

It took me a couple times to realize that I just can't handle the volume I used to.