Am I the only one?

Options
13»

Replies

• geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm the same I never struggle the only time I don't eat ally cals is when I have super active days like when I have derby training & do a class at the gym.
    No you're not alone and I get baffled how people don't meant their targets but if they're full and theyre meeting their basic needs then that's ok too
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry...then don't eat.
    That's great in theory, but some (like my Hubs) went into various programs that taught you not to eat at all - to put your body into ketosis (sp?) so it would burn his stored energy. That has psychologically made him believe that eating = gaining. When we eat the right foods at the right time, we encourage our bodies to burn calories. When we work out we encourage our bodies to burn calories at a faster rate. Unfortunately, my Hubs now thinks he isn't hungry even though his stomach is growling loudly enough to hear across the county and he doesn't have the energy to get up and work out a while.

At the risk of sounding confrontational (which I truly don't mean to be) - there are no easy answers such as "If you aren't hungry... then don't eat." One size does not fit all when it comes to old addages, I guess.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The only time I struggle to eat my calories is if I'm sick. Really, really sick!