my gym almost got hit

Options
april522
april522 Posts: 388 Member
My house was 2 miles from one tornado that hit this past Monday in north Alabama and 4 miles from another spot it tore us. It also hit 7 miles from my house, right where my gym is. It destroyed some houses and half a school about 1/4 - 1/2 mile behind the shopping plaza where my gym's located, managed to miss the gym, and then struck another section of the strip mall 50 yards away before crossing the street and leveling some businesses.

My gym is to the left in this picture, behind the businesses you see lining the street.
gymz.jpg

Miraculously, the gym will be reopening tomorrow! YAY! This serious of tornadoes hit a little too close to home...

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    OMG! Damn the gym, I'm just glad hearing that you're safe. We are catching hell already with tornadoes and it isn't even spring! Anyways, glad to see your gym will be re-opening soon.

Also, sorry to hear that your area got hit. I feel ya entirely (April 27th, 2011 victim). What area was this btw?
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This picture is the Center Point area. Out of all the pictures I've seen of the severely hit areas from Monday, it's amazing only 2 people died.

Sorry to hear you were a victim of 4/27/11 . . . that one that hit Tuscaloosa and that area in Birmingham were devastating as well.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Wow! My aunt lives in the Center Point area! She told me it was bad, but I never guess that it was THIS bad! And yeah.. it's shocking that it hit at a time when most were sleeping and yet there were so few casualties.

Oh and it's all good. I'm over it.. well not really, but I'm scared for the folks of this past Sunday's storm. People were so helpful for us, and I've been wanting to kinda help someone else in need this time.

Hopefully this is the last we see of pesky tornadoes this year.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I am in the oxford area, so thankfully, we missed the worst part of the storms last weekend. It is supposed to get bad tomorrow, too, so be careful.