whey protein during weight loss/toning

Options
i have lost weight in the past year, and was looking to shed those last 15 pesky pounds, as well as tone up a bit. i started insanity about three weeks ago now. i have not yet seen the effects of the program, but i have noticed recently that on certain parts of my body, it seems as if the fat there hangs off of me, like it doesn't belong anymore. so now i am working my butt off to get it off and i hoped that with continued diet and exercise, that it would be reduced and muscle would start being more defined on my body. i was wondering if whey protein would be helpful for this? also, while i don't want to lose muscle mass as i lose weight, and i didn't know if the protein would help protect and build muscle. i am hoping to give my body a more toned appearance upon finishing the insanity program

Replies

• silentnacht
    Options
    Well, if you aren't getting enough protein you are obviously going to have a more difficult time building muscle ("toning"). And if you're working out a lot you may actually be losing muscle instead. Which protein you choose to add to your diet is purely personal preference.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I've added whey protein to my diet, my only complaint is that it sometimes leaves me feeling bloated. I'm looking into trying hemp protein in the future.