motivating yourself for exercise

Options
:noway: i know, HOW DO I DO THIS EVERY FLIPPIN" DAY??!! this is what I do when I REALLY do not want to put my time in for my exercise. I go and get on my treadmill, well knowing that I don't want to do this tonight, perhaps i am just too tired. BUT.... I tell myself i will just do 15 min. that's the goal. I go for the 15 min, then I figure I am 1/2 way thru a 30 min workout, so I just have 15 to go. Even I can do 15 minutes, old as I am. Once I have met my mark of 30 min. then I figure it is all up to me what I want to finish. Maybe I'll just dance, do some squats or lunges. whatever. I play a mind game with myself. I just tell myself i 'm just doing the minimum. I can always make it thru to the 30 min. minimum. sometimes, it's not fun. But, I must persevere!! WHAT DO YOU DO TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF??? would love to hear from all. :drinker:

Replies

• Caroline3746
    Caroline3746 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same. Ill make myself set a goal like 6 miles then Ill go sit in the sauna then Ill get to my 6 and then Ill want to make my calories an even # (im weird) then Ill do that and realize I want to get to the next mile. lol. Or if Im really not wanting to do it Ill crank some music from when I was a teenager and that seems t get me pumped.
  • CalorieArson
    CalorieArson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have to make it part of your routine. Plan it into everyday. After two or three weeks of dedication and making yourself do it, exercise can be addicting! Yes you heard me. It actually triggers chemical reactions in the brain similar to if you were eating a piece of your favorite cake! Seriously, its only a couple weeks of effort. But once you get into it, it'll become something you cant live without. Working out has become my time to destress. Keep it up!!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I get extremely cold throughout the day. I've recently made it a goal to get up and move every time I'm cold. I'll either clean, do some aerobics, or hop onto the Wii. Once I'm warmed up, I'll settle back down until I feel the chills again!
  • marcianil
    Options
    I am in a HUGE exercise slump and appreciate hearing that others get frustrated but go on. I was doing great and then stopped for a couple of days and have done nothing now for 3 weeks :( I pulled out my Beachbody DVDs today--closest I've been to exercising lately. Your post motivates me to get on the bike, if just even for 10 minutes.

Thanks!