heart rate questions.

Options
Hi guys!

So I have been seeing an exercise therapist on base & he recommended me buying a heart rate monitor, so I did. It is a good brand & I have tested it with other heart rate monitors (& the old fashion way) it works great! BUT I have noticed my heart rate is CRAZY high. Even when I am just sitting on the couch it will be in the 100's most of the time. Sometimes it gets down to the (high) 80's but only when I have been sitting for a long period of time & really slowing my breathing. I called the doctor & he asked me several questions about when I started noticing it, when I starting working out, ect. So since I noticed my heart rate being so high when I started working out he doesn't want me to work out till he can see me. (Even though the only reason I noticed it was because of the heart rate monitor, who knows if it was like this before or not) He can't see me until Feb 6th...Well, I am not listening to the doctor, I am still working out. My weight is more of health issue right now I think, then my heart. I am having no pain or anything with it, it's just really high. Even when I am sleeping it is still in the high 70s-80s.

Anyways, has anyone else had this problem??? Was it exercise induced? Did you have it checked out???