A question for the ladies...

Options
Anybody out there do water aerobics? I've been doing them and would like suggestions on supporting the "girls". My suit doesn't seem to be giving me adequate support. They are bouncing and bobbing around. So, I find myself holding back during my workout to reduce the motion.

I'm considering wearing a sports bra under my suit but thought I'd see if there were some better ideas/suggestions out there.

Replies

• andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there do water aerobics? I've been doing them and would like suggestions on supporting the "girls". My suit doesn't seem to be giving me adequate support. They are bouncing and bobbing around. So, I find myself holding back during my workout to reduce the motion.

I'm considering wearing a sports bra under my suit but thought I'd see if there were some better ideas/suggestions out there.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would purchase a sports bra that matched you bather, as close as possible. I have found that many of the women at the Y who participate in water aerobics wear one without hesitation. Some don't even match. No one seems to notice. I only noticed because I was in the locker room with the swimmers and the water aerobics group at the same time. I never noticed when they were in the pool.

Ya got to feel comfortable with your work outs!

It's the plight of many of us...whether it's swimming, running, cycling, etc. Water aerobics is a sport...just like any of those things...wear a sports bra if you want!

Do you feel that you get a good work out?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Go to a shop that has tri-athalon clothing. When I used to do Tri's you would run in your bathing suite since changing wasn't an option. They have better support.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I would just add one caveat...

As someone who used to work in a fitness facility with a pool, it's hard on the filters when people wear cotton-based clothing into the pool, so try to get a bra that is made of synthetic materials.

You work out time is a part of the day that you are tithing for yourself. Nothing, not even parts of your own body, should hold you back in any way shape or form. Do what you have to do so that when you get out of that pool, you feel great, exercised, and comfortable.

:flowerforyou:
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Speedo carries them. No cotton.
    Here's what they look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Womens-Speedo-Spandex-Exercise-Yoga-Fitness-Bra-Top-XL_W0QQitemZ120263905098QQcmdZViewItem

I get mine at TJMaxx or Marshalls

Here's another type from Champion...I get these at Marshells and TJMaxx and occassionally ****s sporting goods.

http://www.lucy.com/jump.jsp?itemID=12443&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=bra
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I knew you would have some sound advice.

I think I like this one:
    http://www.lucy.com/jump.jsp?itemID=13749&itemType=PRODUCT&size=&sort=&path=1,2,238,1022&iProductID=13749
    ...and it's not cotton so it won't clog the filters! They offer it in more sizes on Amazon though.

mncardiojunkie - to answer your questions, yes, I do feel like I've been getting a good workout. However, after being in the class for 6 weeks, I feel like I'm ready to amp it up a bit.

Thanks again for all you help.