lost 2lb and dissapointed

Options
Last week I lost 6lb and this week 2lb and cant believe the dissapointment I felt. Ridiculous I know because I am aiming for a loss of 2lb a week:blushing: .

Well to motivate me I am going to buy a bag of play sand and weigh out sand for like for like what I have lost and put into a sack then everytime I feel de moralised I can pick the bag up and think to myself, "you've lost this weight, just think you were lugging this around constantly" hopefully this will spur me on.:happy:

Replies

• rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    man i'd be happy to lose a quarter pound a week on a regular basis, i miss the days id lose 4lb a week
  • dtiapril
    Options
    Well done!

Don't be disheartened, it wouldn't be healthy to be dropping 6lb a week by any means. Every time I've gone on to one of these diets or WW or anything else, I always seem to drop 4-5lb in Week 1. I think my body goes into shock! Then I normally stay the same in week 2, and then settle into a routine of 1-2lb a week.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've lost nothing in the past 26 days, so don't worry.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    2lb is still a great loss :flowerforyou: I think the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off as well :smile:
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think 2 pounds a week is great. You should be happy!:happy:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I think that's a very good idea.
    I went to to gym the other day and picked up a 10kg weight (which is roughly what I've lost in total). It was really heavy. I tried walking around with it. It' was a good reminder why I've been doing this.
  • becca1968
    Options
    Hey, 2 lbs is still a LOSS...and that's what your goal is so pat yourself on the back and carry on my friend!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks, it gets disappointing, but DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    2lbs is great, bang on target! In the early stages it is not uncommon to lose a lot in a short time, as much is 'water-weight'. Be happy at a nice downward trend of 2lb a week - it's perfect! Stay with the plan and be strong!

Best wishes, David
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    I have lost hardly anything since November, barely a few pounds, however I know my weight is still heading in the right direction because every week I notice my clothes feeling looser. (Thanks to my regular exercising).

Don't be disheartened. Stick with it.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think that's a very good idea.
    I went to to gym the other day and picked up a 10kg weight (which is roughly what I've lost in total). It was really heavy. I tried walking around with it. It' was a good reminder why I've been doing this.

^^ This is a great idea - it helped me to put things into perspective too!

I have NEVER lost anything more than 3lbs in a week - and usually less than 1lb a week... like lots of others - I regulary have those frustrating weeks of working hard and eating clean, but having a 'zero' loss - but just remember that the slower it comes off, the more chance you have of keeping it off.

Good luck - and don't be dissapointed! Even if you had no loss - you will be fitter, healthier and happier, so it's a huge improvement on the person you were before MFP!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A loss is a loss - remember if you're doing this to gain muscle sometimes you will stay the same but check how your clothes fit :)
  • wittyusername
    Options
    well done on losing 2lbs! I think your sand idea is fab & might pinch it myself thanks! :) x
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome :)
    First week will have been water weight, I think. During my first 10 days - 2 weeks, I lost about 14lbs, then it hit a steady week-on-week loss rate.

Keep up the good work!
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, its good to hear words of encouragement and to those who have lost,losing or at a plateau . WE CAN DO THIS