protein choices

Options
I'm in need of good protein choices for breakfast and quick grab and go to hold me over at work! Yesterday I did will eating but a lot of good carbs and not a lot of protein and I was hungry all day. Any advice will be helpful!

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a hard boiled egg and some ham or turkey for breakfast at the moment, gives me a good protein boost first thing. I'm still struggling to hit my protein levels without going over fat though, so am interested in suggestions too!
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm in need of good protein choices for breakfast and quick grab and go to hold me over at work! Yesterday I did will eating but a lot of good carbs and not a lot of protein and I was hungry all day. Any advice will be helpful!

Make a decent protein shake with peanut butter, oatmeal, fruit, milk and your favourite protein powder.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Again and again, oilseeds :)
    The ones you might be interested into are the almonds, since they have much proteins (but two times more good fat, so take that in account) compared to some other oilseeds
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Omlettes
    eggs - protein
    cheese - protein
    meat of choice - protein
    fried in butter.
  • trishdish11
    trishdish11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i make a blueberrie smoothie with blueberries (of course) flaxseed oil, light soy milk, & protein powder. Quick & easy for a nutritious breakfast on the run!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here with my morning protein shake as I type. It's 7 g fat and 31 g protein. Holds me for the morning!
  • Nitachi
    Nitachi Posts: 142
    Options
    Again and again, oilseeds :)
    The ones you might be interested into are the almonds, since they have much proteins (but two times more good fat, so take that in account) compared to some other oilseeds

oilseeds? You mean nuts and a lot of people avoid them due to being so caloric dense
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, and peanut butter. I also eat plain yogurt with bananas or blueberries as a snack..that's got some good protein in it. I've also made "power balls" which can be found on bodyrock.tv. Instead of almond meal and coconut oil I used peanut butter...they're a great quick snack!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Nuts yes, I dunno why I stick to that word :D
    That the thing, they are awesome..when you know how to eat them. I've really discovered them the last month, and imho they should be mandatory ahah
  • carterjerm
    Options
    Grab a banana for a quick insulin boost then back it up with a protein shake of choice. I have found this holds me over very well until the morning snack time of course.