Have you noticed?

Options
That being healthy is contagious?? When people see you looking and feeling great they want a piece of it too. My husband started running again and has vowed to get in shape for real this time as a response to my fitness regime of walking at least 10,000 steps a day. I also feel motivated when I see others looking and feeling their best. What about you? Are your friends and family noticing the difference? Is your motivation rubbing off on them too? Just curious to see if you guys are getting some positive feedback from taking control of your health. :)!! My skin is also feeling great most likely due to all the water I have been consuming. Happy "healthy you" everyone!!!

Replies

• krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I've been on this "health kick" for about a year now, and dating the same guy for almost 2 years now. He's been saying all along how he should do this or that (eg. eat less, exercise more etc...) so he can "keep up" with me. We've always eaten very healthy meals with lots of veggies and lean meats, but of course over-indulge from time to time... and his portions are so out of whack! He also needs to cut back on his late night snackies!
    But I'm happy to say, as of Jan. 15th of this year, he's going for it!!! And I'm so proud of him! :love: He started P90X, and has kept with it so far. He says he loves it, and is feeling great! He's diabetic, currently not on insulin though, so I'm hoping with the exercise and hopefully some weight loss that that'll stay in check, and maybe some of his other ailments will be relieved also. :heart:
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It is so fantastiv when the person closest to us finally gives in to being healthy. Then you can share it together and motivate one another. My hubby is going full force now too :).
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My hubs was resistant at first, even to the point of low-level emotional sabotage. But I kept going, and he took up the gauntlet in November. There are a lot of early-onset health problems in his family, so I am super-glad he chose to join me (and soooo proud of him!)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my husband's parents are getting healthy too, not with this though, but that is also motivating my husband. I am so glad that he is getting healthy. He tested his blood pressure and it was super high, not to mention his bad choloesterol. So, hopefully everything will reversed now.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    While I haven't been able to inspire my husband to do much beyond an increased interest in walking after dinner and occasional short weekend hikes, a make co-worker was inspired to start eating better and exercising because of my success. He's lost 35 pounds since September! Due to HIS success, his wife is now starting to do the same. It is amazing how the effects of one person's decision to lose weight and be healthier can spread outwards to affect many people.